User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Yea, your right. My bad. I thought that there was a 14 ply version available.
    They need to step up & make one. I think they could sell a lot of them.
    But for people who need just a 10 ply great choice.
    There are high load range Michelins - but you have to go to a 22.5" wheel (like on motorhomes, etc.) to use them. I run Defenders on my truck and agree - they're a good tire (but overpriced these days). I may go back to the Coopers on the truck next time.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Endurance are not G rated tires

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garyinglobe....possible for you to PM me? I have a brand new set of 614's up for sale at a super great price.
    Or check items for sale in this forum. I believe you'll see them. Dave

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look… I can solve your problem

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-tires-(-1-250)
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of curioristy do you know what the tire pressure/temp was when it blew out?

We just had a blowout on a highway in Kansas. The (used) trailer sales location had inflated the tires to 110psi and driving in Kansas at 70F ambient, the tires were 120psi or more and maybe 70F. I mistakenly thought that was OK till POP and one tire shredded itself in the time it took to pull over. Replaced with 4 14 ply Salien (sp) tires. Concerned about these tires after the discussions on this forum but that was the best they had.

The tire people's suggestion was to run the tires at 90 psi cold so they warm up to 100 to 110psi hot.
    2018 Ram 3500 with AS69RC Aisin transmission and Companion RVK3670 sliding hitch
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're "G" rated tires, and you're running max load, then you set the pressure to 110 psi. You may need to look for new tire people.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlisle CSL 16 235/85R16 G (14 Ply) Highway Tire. 110 Psi max, the same as the rims on our Solitude.

$100 per tire cheaper than the Michelin's on my Taurus!

I had a set of Carlysle's on a 39 Ft TT that I pulled for 20 years when they finally delaminated.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blow out

My Grand Design also shipped with these tires. The tires were shipped with pressure 10 lbs lower than the suggested tire pressure written on the tire. I left it at this pressure for two years with no problems. Then after two years, I increase the pressure by 10 lbs to match the printed pressure on the tire. First trip out I blew a tire on the way home. Reduced the pressure by 10 lbs and no more blowouts. I think west lake is overstating max pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryinGlobe View Post
    Yesterday on our way home from Prescott, AZ our right rear tire blew. WESTLAKE 235/r80 16. TPM monitor showed no issues until the blow. Now I want to replace the whole set. Any suggestions? 2020 GD Solitude 344GK.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much miss information here , and a lot of people will believe it. Yeh I know, "been doing it for 30 years with nar an issue" well you`ve been doing it wrong for 30 years and just have dodged the bullet up until you don`t.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One man’s opinion..

If you really want peace of mind, convert to the largest (weight and load-capacity) heavy-duty commercial radial tire (made in North America) you can find. It won’t be cheap, but you’ll say goodbye to tire failures. I had a hoopty Chinese tire blow on a brand new Heartland triple-axle 5’er a dozen years ago…. Never again. Ever since then, I’ve lived in ‘overkill’ land. Bridgestone Duravis, GY G614 and now Michelin 19.5 LRH XZE. Maybe 100,000 miles later (on three coaches)…. Zero problems. Just look at tire weight (tells ya a lot). Cheap Asian-made trailer tires have an abysmal reputation. You’ll find people that say, ‘Oh, I’ve run Westlakes for 25,000 miles and never had a problem’…sure, then (if you keep looking) you’ll find a bunch of other people telling tales of bad days on the side of the road. Cheap products are cheap for a reason. Just look at Grand Design, They’ve converted to LRH 17.5” Radial commercial tires on all their big 5’ers. They know what’s up… I’m sure their Cust Service team has heard endless stories from irate customers that just spent the better part of a $100K on a swanky new coach and then had one of those Gunna-Pops let go 90 days later (activating their insurance policy).

Never cut corners on tires (everyone’s heard the euphemism ‘where the rubber meets the road’… indeed), that’s my credo and… the end of my rant ;
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast