User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold Polarmax 18 cu/ft refrigerator

Norcold PolarMax model 2118 gas / electric RV refrigerator. 18.3 cu/ft. Excellent condition, from my Grand Design 2020 Solitude 310GK 5th Wheel RV.

Dimensions 36" wide x 24" deep x 69" high.

Pickup only at John Prince Campground, Lake Worth, FL. You can view and examine it now in my RV on both gas and electric.

Pickup only

Best offer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you switching over to a residential refrigerator as we have the same model (310GK) and would like to switch over to the residential refrigerator. We would have done it this year but are unable to get the residential model that will fit in our Solitude model 310GK due to supply issues.
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I purchased a Whirlpool 19.4 cu/foot refrigator, model #wrqa59cnkz . It is suposed to arrive today. It is on sale at Home Depot. The dimentions are 36" wide x about 69 1/2" high and 27 1/4 deep with the doors on. 24" no doors. We are living it for the winter in Florida. My plan is to get it between the island and table, plug it in and transfer the food over to it. Then I can take my time removing the Norcold. I am going to add aluminun angles on the side and some suports in the rear to secure it.

The Norcold actually has been very good for us but I plan to upgrade my batterie bank to 500 ah and increase my solar to 1200 watts in the spring. The new fridge will have plenty of power dry camping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220125_111222.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	38685
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lou
    We looked at the same Whirl Pool and I did not think I would be able to get it past the hutch at the entry door. Are you removing the hutch? - Thanks Bob
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its in. We had some help from a neighbor camper. Yes measured carefully and the hutch counter top will not clear. I had planned to update all the kitchen countertops in the spring when i am back home. Anyhow i removed the hutch counter top. Just take our the drawers and remove the screws on the back and two screws on the front. Then cut away the silicon sealant and it will come up and off. The only other issue is the cover for the step spring. We had to lift the fridge up a bit to clear. We have all the doors and shelves back and its now on. When it gets cold we will transfer the food. Ill try and take a photo. Its in between the table and island with the table flap down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to try and move this discussion over to Mods and DIY. Things are behaving badly here.
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyn2high View Post
    Its in. We had some help from a neighbor camper. Yes measured carefully and the hutch counter top will not clear. I had planned to update all the kitchen countertops in the spring when i am back home. Anyhow i removed the hutch counter top. Just take our the drawers and remove the screws on the back and two screws on the front. Then cut away the silicon sealant and it will come up and off. The only other issue is the cover for the step spring. We had to lift the fridge up a bit to clear. We have all the doors and shelves back and its now on. When it gets cold we will transfer the food. Ill try and take a photo. Its in between the table and island with the table flap down.
    Did you have to remove the Hutch overhead in order to get your 36" Whirlpool Refrigerator in to the camper. We would like to get a 36" refrigerator but didn't think it would round the corner at the entry door. Thank you Bob
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No the upper part was fine. We remove the counter top which is mostly screwed in with some pin nails on the sides. The only other issue is the spring assist for the steps. The cover sticks out a bit. I was going to remove it but after seeing what it covered i changed my mind. You need to lift the fridge a bit to clear it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new thread for this project under Mods and DIY. Comments are welcome there.

Here is a link

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...oot-Refrigator

Thanks
    Last edited by Flyn2high; 01-30-2022 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This item has been sold.