Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gas stove

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llr2800 View Post
    When I got my TT the oven would light but never stayed on when releasing the knob, turns out the thermocouple was not screwed in to the oven control all the way.

In mine someone sitting at the dinette can see the piolet and report status instead of getting on the floor
    Haha! Someone sitting at the dinette is our method too. Great minds...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On ours, with the door partly open you can see the reflection of the pilot and flame, so no need for kneeling.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    On ours, with the door partly open you can see the reflection of the pilot and flame, so no need for kneeling.
    But how do you hold the door partly open, push in the knob, and reach all the way in the back to do the 2 part "light the lighter" and hold it in position? The pilot light in our oven is all the way in the back under the (mostly) solid shelf in there, with only 4-5 inches of space.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 351 the piezo-electric spark also works on the pilot light. Our last 5th wheel, a Fuzion, didn't have a lighter for the pilot, so when I replaced the piezo-electric "clacker" with a battery power BBQ-type igniter, I added the igniter to the pilot light too. One of the better, little additions we made.
    Howard and Peggy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    But how do you hold the door partly open, push in the knob, and reach all the way in the back to do the 2 part "light the lighter" and hold it in position? The pilot light in our oven is all the way in the back under the (mostly) solid shelf in there, with only 4-5 inches of space.
    Doesn't the spark igniter that lights the top burners also ignite the pilot in the oven? It does on our Furrion.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Doesn't the spark igniter that lights the top burners also ignite the pilot in the oven? It does on our Furrion.
    Nope. Not in our oven. It's a manual pilot light.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it's time to install a battery powered igniter and run one down to the pilot light. Save those knees!!
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Sounds like it's time to install a battery powered igniter and run one down to the pilot light. Save those knees!!
    Hmmmm.....I'll have to discuss this with my hubby.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Nope. Not in our oven. It's a manual pilot light.
    I find it hard to believe that in this day and age they would still be making ovens that you have to light with a match, lighter, or any hand held source. Does your owners manual say you must light it by hand? My igniter is way in the back and almost out of site.... but the piezoelectric clicker lights it every time. Possibly yours is just hidden and not functioning.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wags1020 View Post
    Anyone have any issues igniting gas oven? Stove top burners ignite fine.

Thanks
    Ok I wanted to read entire thread before responding… in our solitude oven is manual light. AND if you open the open door to try to light it, you need to make sure the kitchen air vents are pointed AWAY from the oven. If not they blow out the lighter or keep the flame from effectively heating the thermocouple. I find it more effective to “slightly” heat the thermocouple first before pushing in on the knob for pilot gas (propane). There are aftermarket kits for a piezo igniter but I didn’t like them. Yes, extremely poor idea of saving a couple of bucks Obviously by someone that only weekends or never cooks/bakes.
    Leo & Cathy
    2021 Solitude 390 RK
    2017 F350 DRW Longbed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast