User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear Bumper and Receiver Hitch?

I just made an offer on a 2018 Reflection 230RL. Just waiting on things to process to pick up.

The current owner has a receiver style bike rack mounted to the bumper, with a receiver that is U-bolted to the bumper. This is a big no-no in my opinion. But the bumper is much beefier than the notGrand Design travel trailer we sold. Are the Reflection bumpers rated for this?

Second. I have seen the 230RL with a frame mounted receiver hitch. Can I buy the frame mounted receiver someplace?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, as well as many others, a FRAME mounted receiver is the best option. And yes, you can purchase frame mounted hitches (Class III and up) are the preferred class for something like a bike rack/carrier. That brings in another issues as far as bike carriers/racks go. Make absolutely 100% sure that any bike rack that is going to be used on the rear of a RV.....camping trailer, 5ver, Motorhome, etc...is RV RATED. My Momentum did not have any type of hitch on the rear of it and I purchased some 4" steel channel, cut it to fit inside the main frame of the trailer and hired a welder to come out to my house to weld in the steel channel. The hitch itself was then bolted to the steel channel using grade 8 bolts for added strength. Hope this helps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like this is what you want to look for. I use it. It works' great but I had to cut my rear bumper off (no big loss actually - I never used it to store a hose).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods