User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again Basshunter. I was able to order the cord and hooks from GD. I also got new latches to see if that would help some.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS
    2021 Silverado HD 2500 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabnab View Post
    Thanks again Basshunter. I was able to order the cord and hooks from GD. I also got new latches to see if that would help some.
    I don't think new latches will help as its a residential fridge and the latches aren't made for traveling. The strap will solve your problem. Thx

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Mmullin and Basshunter for the suggestions on a fix. I contacted Grand Design and purchased the bungee's and clip I needed and installed them. Here is a picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fridge.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	243.6 KB 
ID:	39029
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like the freezer is on top and the fridge is below and you put the strap off to the side, correct? That's the set-up I have in my Imagine 17MKE XLS.
    The previous picture appeared to be the larger side-by-side fridge with the strap on the ceiling.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is off to the side. I was able to purchase from a person that 3D made an adjustable latch and that worked the best. This bungee is the backup.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	938693E3-D9D9-4236-AF79-9FCABF8481CE.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	41433here is the adjustable latch.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Reflection 315 RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool mod to the latch. Thanks for providing the STL file. Just have to find a 3D printing service and get one 3D printed. I ordered the hooks and cord through my local GD dealer.

Tom and Starley
    2022 Imagine 17MKE
    2015 F150 Ecoboost
    Last edited by trichwine; 06-25-2022 at 07:54 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Fridge Fixer on our Samsung residential fridge and it's as solid as a rock. They are now making the same thing for other refrigerators. You might get your fridge model number and look through these:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the+fridg...l_56njqu2vmf_e

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know for a fact that the Fridge Fixer is currently designing and beta testing a latch that works for the 16cu ft 12v Furrion fridge. I don't know when they'll be available to the public but fingers crossed it's soon as we want one for our 303.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took close to 10,000 miles before it happened to us but it happened. We hit a freaking crater on I-40 outside of Gallup NM and the freezer latch let go temporarily. Interestingly enough, the freezer was closed and latched when we pulled off for a break (fortunately only 4 miles after said crater) so it must have slammed back shut during a braking event. The stuff on the floor was luckily still frozen when we arrived. To address this, I put a piece of removable Gorilla tape alongside the fridge and freezer doors so they move as one. That way both latches would need to let go for things to open up. A rudimentary but effective solution until I can figure something else out.

I do notice though that I've adjusted the door hinges and the latch position multiple times, yet it doesn't seem to be consistent. Sometimes the fridge door is too low to catch and other times it's not. Other times the freezer barely catches and other times it has plenty of purchase. I wouldn't have expected so much variability in those doors.

On the latch strike, if you don't want to 3D print the part above, take off your existing latch and use a drill bit to turn the holes into adjustable slots. I did that and until this crater event, it's been working well.

I think I'll upgrade the suspension to a Morryde or Road Armor. We're still stock.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12