User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ProPride 3P Hitch 14,000lb/1,400lb For Sale

Asking $2,500

I have a completely rebuilt ProPride 3P Hitch rated for 14,000lb/1,400lb. The ProPride features a patented pivot point projection technology, creating a virtual 5th wheel for towing. It also includes all weather covers for the towers and the hitch head to protect them from the elements.

I did a complete tear down and rebuild under the direction of Sean, the owner of the company. The hitch was installed on my RV and used for 3 trips totaling ~3,000mi. It towed fantastic. I spent 10 hours one day with 30 mph crosswinds, gusting 50 mph, and it tracked straight as can be. Never any tail wagging the dog. Passing semis was as if they weren't even there. I would never tow a travel trailer again without it. That said, we sold the travel trailer, so now it's time to sell the hitch.

This hitch is heavy. It weighs approximately 200 lbs with all of the parts. It is currently uninstalled and sitting in my garage in Fort Worth, TX. As such, this is a pick up only offering. If you're willing to pay the freight and packing, I will entertain it, but it'll probably be over $200.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4691.jpg   IMG_4690.jpg   IMG_4689.jpg   IMG_3749.jpg  
    Last edited by LeviStrauss; 01-26-2022 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added Asking Price

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good description of everything except the most important part. What’s your asking price?
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that's the most important part isn't it? I'm asking $2,500.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious why you needed to do a complete teardown after only 3,000 miles. I'd have to do it almost twice a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Just curious why you needed to do a complete teardown after only 3,000 miles. I'd have to do it almost twice a year.
    Good question, so let me clarify. I purchased it second hand and consulted Sean from ProPride in my decision making. He advised that about the only thing that could go wrong with it are the bearings in the hitch head. They did indeed need replacing, which I did. The original design had slits in the hub covers, which in turn lets water inside. A good rebuild and repack later and it works like a champ. I even added bearing buddies as the caps to make keeping them lubed easier. Sanded and repainted the pieces. Bought and used the covers, which helped a lot in curbing weather damage.

After doing all of that work, I then installed it on my TT and pulled about 3,000 mi. I would have kept using it for a decade if I was going to keep pulling a big TT with my truck (2019 Ram 1500 w/ air suspension). But, due to a multitude of factors we decided to sell that trailer and probably buy a 5th Wheel and a bigger truck in another year or two.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviStrauss View Post
    Good question, so let me clarify. I purchased it second hand and consulted Sean from ProPride in my decision making. He advised that about the only thing that could go wrong with it are the bearings in the hitch head. They did indeed need replacing, which I did. The original design had slits in the hub covers, which in turn lets water inside. A good rebuild and repack later and it works like a champ. I even added bearing buddies as the caps to make keeping them lubed easier. Sanded and repainted the pieces. Bought and used the covers, which helped a lot in curbing weather damage.

After doing all of that work, I then installed it on my TT and pulled about 3,000 mi. I would have kept using it for a decade if I was going to keep pulling a big TT with my truck (2019 Ram 1500 w/ air suspension). But, due to a multitude of factors we decided to sell that trailer and probably buy a 5th Wheel and a bigger truck in another year or two.
    Cool. Makes sense. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this hitch still for sale?