Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater issue 369RL.

We use our Solitude 369RL in the winter and I have found that during subfreezing temperatures the furnace just doesn’t keep up. It seems to be undersized. Has anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by droundtree View Post
    We use our Solitude 369RL in the winter and I have found that during subfreezing temperatures the furnace just doesn’t keep up. It seems to be undersized. Has anyone else had this problem? Solutions?

Do you also use the fireplace?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I have power but we try to just make overnight stops in transit where there isn’t power. I have electric heaters when we’re plugged in, this is just for dry camping

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the dual pane windows, and I took out the factory under belly insulation replacing it with rigid polyisocronate boards, as many layers as would fit. I have at least 2" every where, many places 6". This stuff is R6.5 per inch. A very labor intensive project. But it works very well.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a 310 Solitude and when we get to our camper in the winter it is as cold as the outside temp (-1 currently). We turn on the furnace, turn on a ceramic heater connected to the Washer/Dryer outlet in the closet, and an infrared heater in the living room. (I don't think the fireplace works initially, but I'm not sure on that) The furnace will run for about 3 or 4 hours straight. Once it hits 67 or 68 deg/F, it never comes on again. The space heaters keep everything more than warm (and the fireplace too).
    The game changer for us was when a buddy of mine told me to plug a heater into the W/D outlet. You won't blow a fuse that way.
    (FYI, camper is winterized, so I don't care about the tanks/lines)
    That same buddy has a 390 and he puts two small ceramic heaters in each basement (maybe 600 watts each). Those, his fireplace, and another heater or two keep him comfortable. He occasionally uses his furnace.
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 DRW 4x4 CC XL 176" WB 6.7L PSD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes we have a similar process when plugged in. Discovering that trick of plugging into the dryer outlet was a game changer because we too kept tripping breakers. I’m planning to rework the electrical system and create a dedicated panel for the electrical heaters on the same feed as the AC since that is a 30 amp service and you will never use both at the same time. However my problem is when I don’t have power. It seems that a so-called four season trailer should have a good enough gas heater to warm the trailer but in 20 degree outside temps 59 was as warm as we could get it. A couple of weeks ago we parked in a Sams Club lot overnight, outside temp got down to around 21. I ran the generator and electric heaters and got the inside temp up to 70, but didn’t want to run the generator all night and figured the propane heater would keep it warm until morning. Wrong. I woke up three hours later. Heater was running continuously and inside temp was 60. No leaks or open windows I could find.