Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed to buy a 3250BH - coming from 2019 2800BH

Won't go too much in the why's, but have agreed to buy a 2022 3250BH. Coming from a 2019 2800BH, which has been a great camper.
    In reviewing the on-line specs for the camper, I ran across the Imagine Solar Package, not listed as an option, so assuming standard. Should my camper have the roof mounted solar panel? I don't recall seeing one. I saw one on Reflection we looked at (pretty obvious).
    Also, the one we looked at had power stabilizer jacks, but in reviewing the online specs I don't see such listed as an option or standard. I saw them on the Reflection and in concept seem cool (but I am fine with my Ryobi drill and 3/4 socket). how well do the power stabilizer's work and is there a manual way to use if they are not functional?
    I am planning to have the dealer install metal valve stems for my TPMS sensors and I see the trailer already has the "framework" for it's own Tire Linc TPMS. Anyone have experience with the Tire Linc system. I am using an STS system.
    And I thinking of having/paying my dealer to pull the wheels and repack and check the bearings and brakes. Do you think that would be overkill on a new camper. Have seen a few horror stories of brand new campers running on dry bearings or busted bearings, etc. Don't know how these campers are delivered (on a trailer or towed to Texas), so if towed, I suspect my concerns would have been alleviated.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Auto-Level system works very well most of the time. There's lots of information on how to troubleshoot the occasional glitch, some in the manual, but the most useful is online at forums like this one. Unhitching from the truck, and hitting the Auto-Level button is pretty nice...and fun to watch too.

Actually, IMO, pulling wheels and checking grease amounts and overall condition, is an excellent idea. However I wouldn't have the dealer do it unless you have dealt with them before and have confidence in their level of experience. A mobile RV mechanic or actual trailer mechanic may be a better choice. JMO of course. And if you feel confident in your ability, there is always the DIY choice.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    The Auto-Level system works very well most of the time. There's lots of information on how to troubleshoot the occasional glitch, some in the manual, but the most useful is online at forums like this one. Unhitching from the truck, and hitting the Auto-Level button is pretty nice...and fun to watch too.

Actually, IMO, pulling wheels and checking grease amounts and overall condition, is an excellent idea. However I wouldn't have the dealer do it unless you have dealt with them before and have confidence in their level of experience. A mobile RV mechanic or actual trailer mechanic may be a better choice. JMO of course. And if you feel confident in your ability, there is always the DIY choice.
    From what I understand this trailer comes with power stabilizers, not an auto levelling system (which would be cool).
    The reason for using the dealer is time and availability. Getting into our burg's one competent RV service center can take some time (we camp every month until June/July/August, so not willing to give up our existing reservations for having the trailer worked on if not necessary. I am pretty sure I can trust them with the wheels (matter of fact I think they send them out and don't do them themselves).
    As to DYI. Hmm. Have the capability and the tools, but lacking in desire and confidence. I still work and the trailer is kept in storage, so everything has to be done remotely.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I dont particularly like dealerships doing PM on any of my vehicles... I still would be a little cautious on who I had do my maintenance on a new RV after picking it up. A factory sponsored dealership can help get warranty related issues fixed when they come up and may be a little wary of others work especialy if a related issue occurs. Been there, done that....
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at pictures a couple of pictures dealers had online of 2022s and they had the manual crank stabilizers on them
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The power stabilizers must of been a dealer add on. I haven't seen or hear GD doing them. I've always been curious about their performance.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    The power stabilizers must of been a dealer add on. I haven't seen or hear GD doing them. I've always been curious about their performance.

Sales guy said I am "benefitting" from a supplier shortage of the manual stabilizers. Will be trying them out in about 3 weeks - assuming the dealer is accurate about my delivery happening around Feb. 7. Our first campout with this camper is scheduled for Feb. 18.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post

I had them on my prior TT, I don't really think they are better or worse. Unless you are on very flat hard ground 2 people are better then one, one to position blocks and another to lower them.

I would like to get the levelers instead
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the roof mounted solar panel while doing another once-over before signing papers. It was towards the front, just behind the awning. Realized it had to have one when I discovered the controller in the front storage area with a light or two illuminated even though there was no battery.
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    Won't go too much in the why's, but have agreed to buy a 2022 3250BH. Coming from a 2019 2800BH, which has been a great camper.
    In reviewing the on-line specs for the camper, I ran across the Imagine Solar Package, not listed as an option, so assuming standard. Should my camper have the roof mounted solar panel? I don't recall seeing one. I saw one on Reflection we looked at (pretty obvious).
    Also, the one we looked at had power stabilizer jacks, but in reviewing the online specs I don't see such listed as an option or standard. I saw them on the Reflection and in concept seem cool (but I am fine with my Ryobi drill and 3/4 socket). how well do the power stabilizer's work and is there a manual way to use if they are not functional?
    I am planning to have the dealer install metal valve stems for my TPMS sensors and I see the trailer already has the "framework" for it's own Tire Linc TPMS. Anyone have experience with the Tire Linc system. I am using an STS system.
    And I thinking of having/paying my dealer to pull the wheels and repack and check the bearings and brakes. Do you think that would be overkill on a new camper. Have seen a few horror stories of brand new campers running on dry bearings or busted bearings, etc. Don't know how these campers are delivered (on a trailer or towed to Texas), so if towed, I suspect my concerns would have been alleviated.
    There are some 2022 models of Imagine with power stabilizers on them. It is a part's supply chain issue. It is not an option, and may or not be on the next one in.

Yes, you should have the full solar panel on the trailer, as long as you have the 12 volt refer in it. They come as a package.

Tire Linc works well enough for me, but my Reflection has the whole package. If I were to have to buy the parts, I might choose something like the TST instead.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast