User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I didnt think the pricing was terrible, we ended up only ordering 1 truck from Chapman. Our local dealer wanted a deposit and only offered MSRP on pricing, they didnt sound too sure about the deposit being refundable. I got my estimated price from Chapman when I made the order and it's almost $5k under MSRP. Now we wait and besides hoping the truck actually gets built, also hope I can get about what I paid for our Silverado.
    I'm perfectly happy with my current F-150 XLT, but it won't tow a 29G. Also, by the time I optioned it the way I want it was only $2500 less than the lariat with a few niceties that would make long drives better. I don't plan on getting another truck for about 10 years so I might as well have nice things.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The deal went smoothly. Gave them a chance to beat my Credit Union offer, their lenders couldn't, so I signed and drove away with the check I had. I was there for maybe two hours. I was a complicated customer for paperwork, so lots of POAs and such. I feel like if I lived and tagged it in PA I could have been out of there much faster.

It works if you're patient, but I'd have rather paid just a little bit more to have some peace of mind with Granger and their price protection.
    2022 F-350 DRW PowerStroke Crew Cab
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    GREAT @obiewan !!! Now you can get it set up like you want and be prepared to travel.

I punted on the F450 from Granger. It was going to roll to a ‘23 and be another 6-9 months (and who knows if that’s even remotely accurate). GM has turned the corner, as they have duallies on dealer lots now, so I bought one that was close in order to save next summer’s trips. Ford will get turned around, and next time I’ll try out a 450!
    Man I was so close to doing the same. If we had the camper I probably would have! Obie
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    First congrats
    If I may ask whats the rust preventative for. Its an aluminum body ( does not rust) and already treated at he factory? Just curious.

Safe travels.
    Dude, this is like an oil question! LOL For me, longevity, and probably some placebo for peace of mind... a couple of things:
    1. Frame, mounts, and most suspension components are steel and will rust. In fact, in the first thousand miles, including a good bit of rain (no snow/salt), I saw significant surface rust and it spooked me.
    2. Issues I've seen (maybe fear mongering?) of body attachment corrosion due to dissimilar metals.
    3. Family members trucks (with "factory treatment") turning themselves to dust in five or six winters. This is going to be our home and only vehicle for the year after I retire and without knowing how that's going to go, I want to maintain its value (I would have paid more for a used truck with it vs a used truck without, no doubt, if I was looking).
    4. If I lived in Colorado again, I wouldn't have done it. I lived there for the first four years of a new car's life and had more rust after one year in the midwest than all four put together. It was shocking!

So, yeah, mostly fear, resale and avoiding additional cost/work (?) in the future as a long-term relationship.

Obie
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Congrats. That is great mileage. What is the gearing?

Oldcow
    3.55 with electronic locker. When I was ordering it seemed like a great "middle of the road" with the 10-spd. Still capable of pulling big 5ths but able to get decent mileage on highway unladen. We'll see!

And thanks! ..we've been setting in with the new truck, but its made the look for the camper WAY more urgent.

Obie
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obiewan View Post
    Dude, this is like an oil question! LOL For me, longevity, and probably some placebo for peace of mind... a couple of things:
    1. Frame, mounts, and most suspension components are steel and will rust. In fact, in the first thousand miles, including a good bit of rain (no snow/salt), I saw significant surface rust and it spooked me.
    2. Issues I've seen (maybe fear mongering?) of body attachment corrosion due to dissimilar metals.
    3. Family members trucks (with "factory treatment") turning themselves to dust in five or six winters. This is going to be our home and only vehicle for the year after I retire and without knowing how that's going to go, I want to maintain its value (I would have paid more for a used truck with it vs a used truck without, no doubt, if I was looking).
    4. If I lived in Colorado again, I wouldn't have done it. I lived there for the first four years of a new car's life and had more rust after one year in the midwest than all four put together. It was shocking!

So, yeah, mostly fear, resale and avoiding additional cost/work (?) in the future as a long-term relationship.

Obie
    I don't know what your worried about on the corrosion. Ford has had that problem solved for years and use fasteners designed for the dissimilar metals. And many of the drive line components are designed to get a light rust coating that actually once formed acts as a protective barrier.

Corrosion protection coatings are a scam in my book and I live in Colorado and deal with the magchloride every winter.

I also have the 3:55 E locker and have seen as high as 24 mpg at 55 solo - average 18-20 round town if I don't use the power.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Chapman deal

Back 1/4/22 I ordered a F450 Platinum fro Chapman. Ford never built it. Chapman offered to order a 23 at original 4% below final invoice. I just ordered a 23 F450 from them taking them up on their offer.

My Chapman deal is 4% below FINAL invoice so any price increase would be my responsibility.

The deal is no deposit no commitment so there’s no risk.

I have 2 other trucks on order locally from FORD dealers with X-plan.
    22 F350 Platinum SRW being scheduled to be built 11/14 hopefully
    22 F450 King Ranch scheduled to be built 11/16 hopefully.
    Update
    Picked up the F-350 Platinum on 12/20/22 and 3 weeks later 1/12/2023 traded it in on the F450 King Ranch. Made $4,500 trading in the 3 weeks old 350 and got the 450 $9,000 under MSRP.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Update
    Picked up the F-350 Platinum on 12/20/22 and 3 weeks later 1/12/2023 traded it in on the F450 King Ranch. Made $4,500 trading in the 3 weeks old 350 and got the 450 $9,000 under MSRP.
    You guys playing the flip game are killing it! Meanwhile, I'm trying to contemplate how in the heck the price of concrete has doubled since October... lol
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011