User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Yes it comes with a full size spare, but I believe the rim only fits the front. (was that way on my 04) So if I am wrong please correct. if you get a flat on the rear, you just pull the tire and go on. You can pull up the owners manual online and verify.

Was never an issue though as I never got a flat on my dually.
    My 2020 Ford F-350 dually came with a spare on a steel rim that can be used to replace any of the aluminum wheels on the truck if you have a flat.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I cancelled my 22 and I'll order a 23 when the banks open in October. I'm kind of glad I did because there are a couple features I've seen in spy photos that I might like (the step on the quarter panel is one). Also, the 7.3L crew cab with a short bed and 5th wheel prep still isn't at the dealership, so someone mentioning earlier that the gasser will help... nope.

From what I've seen of GM products, they're shipping them 'incomplete' with heated seats, parking sensors, cameras and other niceties not working, with a $50 credit per option, that they'll get working for you once chips come in...

As for Chrysler/Fiat/Stellanis/Dodge/Ram (whatever they are this week), I don't know. After owning several dodge products that were absolute junk I refuse to buy another.
    The all new for 2023 Ford Super Duty information was officially released on 9-27. Much needed updates so it looks like despite the delay you will end up with a very nicely updated truck.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
    The all new for 2023 Ford Super Duty information was officially released on 9-27. Much needed updates so it looks like despite the delay you will end up with a very nicely updated truck.
    I watched the Big Truck Big RV review of the new 450. It does look really nice, but I wonder with all the technological updates, will Ford be able to make production with all the shortages? Didnt they just shut down the F150 line due to a shortage of Ford emblems? I'm also curious on the pricing for MY23 with all these updates.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I watched the Big Truck Big RV review of the new 450. It does look really nice, but I wonder with all the technological updates, will Ford be able to make production with all the shortages? Didnt they just shut down the F150 line due to a shortage of Ford emblems? I'm also curious on the pricing for MY23 with all these updates.
    I really like the sensors/camera on the tailgate. Having a gooseball style hookup, I am always afraid of backing into the camper. I am curious what the H.O. 6.7 figures are. I thought they would had released them for the show and seeing how order banks are almost open.

I feel the dash is still lagging behind Ram and GM. Looks very 1990s compared to the competition.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    I really like the sensors/camera on the tailgate. Having a gooseball style hookup, I am always afraid of backing into the camper. I am curious what the H.O. 6.7 figures are. I thought they would had released them for the show and seeing how order banks are almost open.

I feel the dash is still lagging behind Ram and GM. Looks very 1990s compared to the competition.
    Chevy’s redesigned 2024 HD dash looks promising as well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I believe the biggest problems with the MY22 stuff is the off line options like 5th wheel prep and spray in liner. I'd also imagine they've sourced from suppliers that can actually keep up with demand. My general experience with buying things lately has been that its the stuff that is outsourced from Asia that's still the issue. If it's manufactured/assembled here wait times have been pretty reasonable.

I'm not a huge leather fan, I'm happy they're finally offering the big screen and LED lights on XLT and up. I can save some weight inside and have all the options I want with cloth seats hopefully. Also interested in seeing the spec/pricing on the HO diesel, although I'm sure the stock numbers will be more than adequate.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I believe the biggest problems with the MY22 stuff is the off line options like 5th wheel prep and spray in liner. I'd also imagine they've sourced from suppliers that can actually keep up with demand. My general experience with buying things lately has been that its the stuff that is outsourced from Asia that's still the issue. If it's manufactured/assembled here wait times have been pretty reasonable.

I'm not a huge leather fan, I'm happy they're finally offering the big screen and LED lights on XLT and up. I can save some weight inside and have all the options I want with cloth seats hopefully. Also interested in seeing the spec/pricing on the HO diesel, although I'm sure the stock numbers will be more than adequate.
    I ordered a Maverick in Sept last year. I finally received it approx 9 months later. The biggest holdup on the Mavericks were also the spray-in bed liner. They actually removed it from some of the models and provided a drop-in. I am happy to say that it came with 100% of all options ordered- Heated seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise, lane centering, blind spot, etc. I ordered my ram approx oct of 2020 and I received it in approx 5 months. Mine was one of the last trucks off the line with the adaptive drive options. They had to remove those features due to chip shortage a week after mine rolled off.
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are still waiting for our truck to be built. It was scheduled for week of sept 18th, then Sept 25th, still not built yet but I do wonder if I’ll be one of those trucks sitting at Kentucky Motorspeedway.

It other news we ordered a PHEV, a Jeep Wrangler 4XE. It has the larger touch screen, two electric motors, a 17.5KW battery pack and LED headlights. It took six weeks from order to delivery. It has to be just as complex as our Superduty.

My thought is Ford is failing to manage their supply chain. I suspect there’s not enough accountability. They are also failing at communication with their customers. There are trucks they have been built six weeks ago and aren’t on a fail car, there’s no update to the customers. Terrible customer service overall.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    We are still waiting for our truck to be built. It was scheduled for week of sept 18th, then Sept 25th, still not built yet but I do wonder if I’ll be one of those trucks sitting at Kentucky Motorspeedway.

It other news we ordered a PHEV, a Jeep Wrangler 4XE. It has the larger touch screen, two electric motors, a 17.5KW battery pack and LED headlights. It took six weeks from order to delivery. It has to be just as complex as our Superduty.

My thought is Ford is failing to manage their supply chain. I suspect there’s not enough accountability. They are also failing at communication with their customers. There are trucks they have been built six weeks ago and aren’t on a fail car, there’s no update to the customers. Terrible customer service overall.
    Redesigned model re-tooling has probably caused some delay for Ford as well.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She’s here!

Back on topic: Penny was born on 10-10 and delivered about a week later (?!). I was able to fly out to pick her up yesterday.

Had considered waiting on a 23 but I’d rather not lose another year of camping and none of the options that moved down to the Lariat were that compelling. I just don’t see the value at our configuration considering the base prices and interim increases.

She’s getting her factory pucks installed along with a line-x and rust preventative this week. Averaged 20.4 mpg at 68 mph on her 554 mi trip home. I have a little over a quarter of her first tank of fuel left over.

As she easily represents over a year of take-home pay, I hope she will be a blessing for my family and generate many happy memories for us in the coming years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8A9320F-378E-4685-9BFF-D525A7FAA3CD.jpeg 
Views:	16 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	43664
    Last edited by obiewan; 11-02-2022 at 06:31 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast