Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updates from the field: buying a Ford Dually Edition

Morning all,
    Started process of ordering a truck from Chapman of Horsham, recommended here in many many posts.
    Interesting updates for the group:
    -Not even taking any orders for 450s. Rep was not confident there would be any 22s produced.
    -My 350 would be 10-12 months to deliver.
    -No money down to order or hold. Worried this will turn into a bait and switch.
    -Deal is now 3% under invoice… changed the day before I called. At least $750 more for waiting a couple days is a super bummer.

I’ll keep you all updated but as this truck is needed to move a camper, I don’t see us camping this year. Maybe we’ll get a seasonal spot and pay for a move but we were hoping to travel.

Take it easy! I’ll be back to update the thread for everyone’s awareness on times etc.

Obi
    2022 F-350 DRW PowerStroke Crew Cab
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not taking orders for the 450? Interesting. Wonder if it's close enough where it's switching over to 2023 production?

Full Timing Family in a 2021 Momentum 395MS-R, towed by our
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had my 2022 F450 on order since August. Once Ford accepts the order they do have a tracker on line to see major milestones. My production date has been pushed a few times and now scheduled for w/o 2/7. The dealers haven’t had F450s on the lots for a year, that’s why I ordered. Only way to get one on the lot is if a special order gets canceled but then the dealers are marking them up well over sticker, sometimes $20k. I’m expecting the dealer to honor the price we agreed at order, I guess we will see. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s not good news. I ordered a Platinum F-450 from Chapman at 4% below invoice on January 8th. I guess I just got under the wire to get an order in and get the 4% deal. I’m wondering if I’ll ever see it based on the number of 450s I’ve read have rolled off the production line. There’s two commodity shortages that a 450 has as standard that are delaying production, the wheels and 5 th wheel prep package.

Neither issue has anything to do with “chip shortage”.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 01-29-2022 at 05:56 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    That’s not good news. I ordered a Platinum F-450 from Chapman at 4% below invoice on January 8th. I guess I just got under the wire to get an order in and get the 4% deal. I’m wondering if I’ll ever see it based on the number of 450s I’ve read have rolled off the production line. There’s two commodity shortages that a 450 has as standard that are delaying production, the wheels and 5 th wheel prep package.

Neither issue has anything to do with “chip shortage”.
    If the 5th wheel prep package was delaying production, wouldnt it affect F250 and F350 product lines as well? Unless the 450 uses different 5th wheel prep components?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If the 5th wheel prep package was delaying production, wouldnt it affect F250 and F350 product lines as well? Unless the 450 uses different 5th wheel prep components?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My guess is the 5th wheel prep is optional on 250/350 so it can ship without it. Mandatory on the 450.

Full Timing Family in a 2021 Momentum 395MS-R, towed by our
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I read this thread, all I can do is chuckle.

We also ordered a Ford F350 DRW early last December. Immediately, upon ordering, the truck was placed on 'extended hold' because of the 'adaptive steering and sprayed in bed liner' we ordered. Those two options were quickly deleted from the order.

We decided to order the dually to pull the Solitude 310GK that we have yet to order because we are waiting on the new truck.

Two months later, with absolutely no contact from the dealership, I called to ask what was taking so long. I didn't really expect a real answer. Four days ago I received a call from the salesman. He told me the truck was being help up (again) because of the 'tonnage cover and 5th wheel prep package'. Truthfully, I wasn't sure if he was feeding me a line or not.

Now, after reading this thread, I struggle with the concept of the production of trucks being held up for '5th wheel prep components.'

Simply amazing to me that this can be happening to many many other folks waiting for their new vehicles.

What a country!!

J.J.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ50325 View Post
    As I read this thread, all I can do is chuckle.

We also ordered a Ford F350 DRW early last December. Immediately, upon ordering, the truck was placed on 'extended hold' because of the 'adaptive steering and sprayed in bed liner' we ordered. Those two options were quickly deleted from the order.

We decided to order the dually to pull the Solitude 310GK that we have yet to order because we are waiting on the new truck.

Two months later, with absolutely no contact from the dealership, I called to ask what was taking so long. I didn't really expect a real answer. Four days ago I received a call from the salesman. He told me the truck was being help up (again) because of the 'tonnage cover and 5th wheel prep package'. Truthfully, I wasn't sure if he was feeding me a line or not.

Now, after reading this thread, I struggle with the concept of the production of trucks being held up for '5th wheel prep components.'

Simply amazing to me that this can be happening to many many other folks waiting for their new vehicles.

What a country!!

J.J.
    There's a shortage of structural steel because we produce next to none in the US and importing raws and finished products has been an utter nightmare. Cannot even get insurance on most sea freight now. I have containers still on vessels from June 2021... crazy times that highlight how the US is not as self-capable as it was 75 years ago.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a silly question but what does x% under invoice mean? Let's say a truck lists for $105K on the ford website, what does 4% under invoice mean?

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Maybe a silly question but what does x% under invoice mean? Let's say a truck lists for $105K on the ford website, what does 4% under invoice mean?

Oldcow
    Invoice is about 5% below Sticker Price (MSRP). 4% below invoice brings it to about 9% below sticker price.

My US ordered F-450 sticker price (MSRP) is $88,410. Invoice is $83,918. 4% below invoice is $80,562.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast