User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obiewan View Post
    For this following the drama, I’m seeing a another base model price increase since ordering… and skeptical I’ll see a truck this year, as they’re not longer taking orders for the MY22.

I finally got an update email saying I was delayed and not yet scheduled so at least they know I’ve ordered, I guess we got that going for us!

Good luck to everyone out there, lots of discussions on other forums with my dealer being wishy-washy on price protection. Many expect they’re pocketing the check from Ford. Always something!

Obie

I got one of those “delayed” emails too. Got all excited until I started reading! I got an order form with price from the dealer.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I signed a DORA, the deal is 3% under invoice at the time of delivery. There was no bill of sale and no money down. I assumed that the price protection would work automatically but it’s actually up to the dealer to accomplish the paperwork and it is not automatic. Anyway, the dealer is incentivized to do what they can to make me walk away so they can get a truck on the lot to sell. Doing the math, one more price increase and I’ll be back almost back to original MSRP which means the game is probably a wash. Lesson learned, less drama and certain price protection at 2% under invoice but a longer drive to go with the Iowa dealer instead of the Horsham dealer.

Expect it’ll be mute when they cancel the order for MY23s!

Obie
    2022 F-350 DRW PowerStroke Crew Cab
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While I signed a DORA, the deal is 3% under invoice at the time of delivery. There was no bill of sale and no money down. I assumed that the price protection would work automatically but it’s actually up to the dealer to accomplish the paperwork and it is not automatic. Anyway, the dealer is incentivized to do what they can to make me walk away so they can get a truck on the lot to sell. Doing the math, one more price increase and I’ll be back almost back to original MSRP which means the game is probably a wash. Lesson learned, less drama and certain price protection at 2% under invoice but a longer drive to go with the Iowa dealer instead of the Horsham dealer.

Obie
    Question - when you buy out of state do you save on sales tax. That was a huge factor in my buy. X-Plan, no dealer state or local taxes and in my home state I only pay the county tax when I register. Saved close to $4500
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Question - when you buy out of state do you save on sales tax. That was a huge factor in my buy. X-Plan, no dealer state or local taxes and in my home state I only pay the county tax when I register. Saved close to $4500
    Has nothing to do where you buy for the most part, it's where you register it that gets you on tax. That's why I keep all my stuff registered in SC, $500 cap on vehicle sales tax (I'll keep taking advantage of this while I'm in the military, after that it will depend where we are).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obie
    I initially ordered a 2022 F350 SRW on 12/2 locally with X-Plan which works out to around invoice price.

Then thinking I wanted more towing capacity I wanted to test drive a new F+450 but I couldn’t find one anywhere. The only way to test drive one was to order one so ordered a F450 Platinum from Chapman Ford of Horsham when they were 4% below invoice. With potential of price increases and cost to travel 1000+ miles to Chapman I ordered another F+450 King Ranch Ultimate locally with X-plan, which locks in price

Since I placed my F350 order locally on 12/2 there have been 3 price increases totaling $2,995 and 2 price increases totaling s1,700 for my Chapman F-450 order and one $700 increase since the King Ranch order. The local F350 X-Plan order and local F-450 King Ranch X-plan order is price price protected, where the Chapman order is not.

All these orders were with no deposit and no commitment.

When and if the trucks get produced I will be faced with decisions.

On top of all that I received a $2,500 private cash offer from Ford which I applied to the initial F350 order.

Crazy times.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. There is a temporary tag and title paperwork fee of several hundred to get it off the lot in PA but sales tax will be covered when I get the plates here in Ohio. Unless there’s a PCS between now and then which at this rate might happen!

Obie
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I initially ordered a 2022 F350 SRW on 12/2 locally with X-Plan which works out to around invoice price.

Then thinking I wanted more towing capacity I wanted to test drive a new F+450 but I couldn’t find one anywhere. The only way to test drive one was to order one so ordered a F450 Platinum from Chapman Ford of Horsham when they were 4% below invoice. With potential of price increases and cost to travel 1000+ miles to Chapman I ordered another F+450 King Ranch Ultimate locally with X-plan, which locks in price

Since I placed my F350 order locally on 12/2 there have been 3 price increases totaling $2,995 and 2 price increases totaling s1,700 for my Chapman F-450 order and one $700 increase since the King Ranch order. The local F350 X-Plan order and local F-450 King Ranch X-plan order is price price protected, where the Chapman order is not.

All these orders were with no deposit and no commitment.

When and if the trucks get produced I will be faced with decisions.

On top of all that I received a $2,500 private cash offer from Ford which I applied to the initial F350 order.

Crazy times.
    Yep! …jealous of your options, but frustrated that nobody has aligned interests with the buyer at this point. Extremely frustrating.

That’s just base price increases also, I put every possible other than moonroof option in my Lariat. Most of the options have had price increases too not just the base price and that’s another pain point as well.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    In Illinois, they nail you when you buy the license…
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obie
    Yeah, I’m a little curious about how that will work thru Granger Ford in Iowa. I put $1k down and have a document with the price, but when/if it has to be converted to a ‘23 model, does the price protection vanish…

I would expect there will be at least a few option changes that require decisions.
    Larry and JoAnna

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep there is no automatic move to MY23. Order is canceled and you need to order another in that model year. If that happens I’ll darn sure go with Granger.

Still no truck, and still no words from my dealer. Going to Akron to look at a 311 BHS and a 2008 F-350 DRW to get us camping this summer. Wish me luck!
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast