Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Litter box location 2600RB

We currently have a 24' Forest River Class C and looking to move to the 2600RB. The litter box is in the electrical bay which they access under the bed.... Where is a good spot in a 2600RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi did you ever find a good spot for it? My girlfriend and I are looking at buying this same trailer and trying to figure out what to do for litter box.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I am not able to help as we ended up getting a 2500RL.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife found this box on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098Q63GPD). It's small enough to fit between the toilet and the shower on our rig. May not work if you have a large cat, "purrfect" for us.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a bit of looking around on my 2500RL today and believe the best place is in the front storage bay. On the passenger side of the bed (up front, there is a false wall right up against the rear wall of the storage bay. I believe a simple hole leading to the storage bay would only be 3-4" in depth.

This could easily be blocked so stuff doesn't go between the 2 walls. My plan is to build a wall just inside the storage bay door to keep the cats from roaming free in there... and the storage bay door will make for easy cleaning.

I did something similar in our Forest River Class C by allowing them to go from the bed to the electrical bay which I had a shelf that held the litter box. Worked great

Good luck and enjoy traveling with your fur babies

Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I have put the litter box in the shower area. It is covered box and the shower stays tidy. It is easy to remove and clean. Also the best litter I have found is Yesterday"s News. Recycled newspaper that is pelleted and doesn't grit up the floor.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Reflection 297rsts. I keep the box in the bathroom with litter mats under it, around it, and rugs in the hallway to catch escaping litter. Vacuuming all the time to keep the litter from the slid outs. I used to keep it in the shower with mats under, but it did not work well.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also looked at this trailer and had it in our head we would do a top entry litter box in the bathroom between the toilet and counter. We had gone as far as measuring and it would fit. Mats to catch litter would have gone in front of it. We honestly thought it was an awesome bathroom to have everyone do their business in one spot, away from the living area.

We didn’t end up with that trailer, and in our 240ml it is under the bed. I removed one side of the under bed wall (fully intact, so I can just put it back if we ever sell), and added a removable wall in the middle under the bed. Now one side is litter box and one side is storage, completely separate.

Considered using the front storage, but didn’t want to cut a permanent hole, plus we use that storage. People have done cool stuff with that though if willing to make a hole.