Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Alert Roadmaster Shocks 376THS

A heads up to any 376THS owners

I started an install of the Roadmaster shock system after doing a LOT of research. This appeared to be the next best thing short of the IS which has an install backlog.

When it came time to swing the shocks up for fit check and start the drilling process they will not fit. The frame is too low and the shock will not fit without bottoming the shock. Contacted Roadmaster and sent pics. They informed me the system cannot be installed on my rig and they had no suggestions. I'm not even going to look into a frame raise...

One mistake I made prior to installing any components was I did a fit check of the shock BUT I was on my levelers which obviously raised the frame and they fit great.

Kudos to etrailer they said they would take the parts back...now I need to spend hours removing the installed parts. What fun!

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umph! I recall the original manufacturer used to caution about installing on triple axles. I'm surprised there's no a shorter shock available (or maybe Roadmaster just doesn't want to do homework).
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania