User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    kozzy124

Black Tank Issues Toilet Burping

I have been having black tank issues for a couple of weeks now. I have been researching this on a different forum, but I just found this one, and since I have a Reflection, I will post it here, the short version.
    I have been getting a burp when I flush my toilet, started while camping a few weeks ago. My unit is new, we got it last year in august, and only used it a few times, and I cant remember if it was doing it then or not, I guess I would have noticed though. I have tried everything, assuming I had the pile of poo at the bottom of the toilet pipe. I know it was clogged, last weekend, when I added the water and chemical, it filled my toilet right up.

No, since then, I have tried all the tricks, and flushed the hell out of that tank, filled up, emptied so many times, water looks clear as clear can be. I have tried it all.

So, while im waiting for the dealer to get back to me with more options, here is where I set.
    I haven't been camping, and the last I used my toilet, was when I was trying to fix this issue.

Toilet doesn't burp until the tank reads about 2/3's full, then the burping starts. When I did this test, it was after all my flushing, so the black tank just had water in it.
    I did it several times, and it is pretty consistent, when the tank hits 2/3 full, the burping starts. I empty the tank, and it goes away.

Anyone have anything for this one?

I have flushed, tried snakes, ice, snaked the vent pipe, I mean I have done it all...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you fill the tank with liquid, the displaced air goes up the vent stack . . . until the liquid level gets to the bottom end of the vent pipe and seals it off. Now the displaced air has no place to go except to "burp" back through the toilet. Reflections have a history of vent pipes pushed too far into the grey tanks . . . no reason to think this would not have happened with a black tank vent as well.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

kozzy124
    I think that is what my dealer is leaning towards, I will follow up with them tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the issue at one time also. Of course someone on here gave us a hint! When we were flushing we were only holding the pedal down probably a second or two. We were told to hold the pedal down at least 8 seconds to put more water into the tank. Of course it does fill the tank up faster but we would rather empty more often than have the stinky burping into the bathroom!! It seems to help!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the same at 2/3 full even following the heavy flush to get the solids out from under the valve. I'm attributing it to the vent tube being too far in and found I can minimizing the burp by slowly depressing the pedal when I get to that point. I generally plan dumping the tank soon after the burping starts.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problems with our black water tank on our 2014 Reflection 303. At the suggestion of Grand Design the dealer checked and shorted the vent in the black tank as it extended too far into the tank. This did not fix the problem. When we were at the rally last year we took the trailer to Grand Design's Shop and they checked and found that the pvc pipe from the toilet into the black tank was also cut wrong and went into the tank too far. This caused the water as the tank filled to between 1/3 and 2/3 to raise above the end of the pipe and cause the burping. Grand Design reset the pipe from the toilet and it solved the problem.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

kozzy124
    Thanks for the tips guys. I talked to my dealer today and they are thinking the pipe extends to far into the black tank. Sounds like I will be making arrangements to have them fix the issue. My dealer is 2 hours away, so to drop off, and pick up its 8 hours or travel. They are going to try and see if a local dealer can fix it for me and save me some travel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a long way from my dealer also and Grand Design has agreed to let me have a local RV Mobile Repair work on my trailer and then reimbursed me for the cost. I have made these arrangements directly with JD Adams at Grand Design. Grand Design was also willing to set up a payment directly to the RV Mobile Repair Service but they (Mobile RV service) weren't interested in that arrangement so I just had Grand Design reimburse me. The other thing I would suggest is that no matter were you have it fixed make sure they fill the tank completely with water and that the problem is fixed before you leave. If my dealer would have done that they would have found that the vent and the main pipe were to far into the tank. When Grand Design worked on it they filled the tank and checked to make sure the problem was fixed.
    Ralph and Sheri Mutchler
    Reflection 303
    Snook, TX

kozzy124
    Thanks Ralph, I forwarded your post to my dealer. They are trying to get GD to authorize me to take it to the dealer 5 minutes down the road from me. They are a good dealer and have no problem doing the work. Ill make sure to tell them to fill and test the tank before they give it back to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem and almost everytime no matter the level of the tank. I've made a video with clean water...and send it to my dealer. I've no answer yet. I think it could be the vent too.
    Wally

See my Mods in the VR/RV section of my web site:
    http://wally.x10host.com/

2014 Reflection 323 BHS.
    F250 XLT V10 6.8l

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast