User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet another Dimmer thread

I've read substantial documentation on adding a dimmer to pre-2020 Grand Design RVs. However, our newest is e a 2021 Reflection 295RL with oneControl that infers those approaches do not work. It appears that some owners have been successful in adding a wireless dimmer in the circuit in front of the bedroom puck, while others have mentioned adding a wireless dimmer near the main oneControl board and others have mentioned adding a dimmer to the control panel while others have said that did not work. I'm trying to determine the best route forward...

Does anyone have a fundamental schematic for the led wiring with oneControl or know where I can acquire one? My trailer is in storage, so I cannot determine if any of the LED power (high or low side) passes through the control panel switches or if the oneControl is sinking the connection to the LED pucks (inferring a ground connection) or sourcing the connection to the LED pucks (inferring a positive connection). My preference would be to add a wired dimmer in the control panel area, however, if the control panel is strictly to manage the oneControl board, I would prefer to add the dimmer(s) directly at the oneControl board. To take that approach, I need to know if the required dimmer is a high side (positive circuit side) or the low side dimmer.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One Control is a CAN based control system. The keypad you see is pretty basic and connects to a "brain" that is hidden somewhere. For our 2021 2400BH, the "brain" was behind a panel is the storage behind the TV.

Check this tread for pictures and link to high side dimmers that I've used...
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...OneControl-Box

The two wires on the top right are the living and main lights. Recommend testing with multimeter to confirm.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, somehow I missed your post in my research. I ordered the same controllers and will install next week.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywelle View Post
    Thanks, somehow I missed your post in my research. I ordered the same controllers and will install next week.
    Did this mod work for you? We just tried to install this morning and didn’t have much luck (2022 295 RL).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the remote dimmer on the OneControl overhead puck lights and a touch dimmer on the dinette. Once I access the OneControl board it was very easy to find the circuit for the pucks. It was a green wire from the OneControl on our rV.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the remote dimmer on the OneControl overhead puck lights and a touch dimmer on the dinette. Once I access the OneControl board it was very easy to find the circuit for the pucks. It was a green wire from the OneControl on our rV.

Hmmm - electrically challenged here. I cannot imagine what we did wrong. Any chance you can get a little better pics of your set up? OP instructions seemed near perfect but I’m still struggling - lol.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out on a trip now. After 3-10 I’d be happy to have a video chat and help out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out on a trip now. After 3-10 I’d be happy to have a video chat and help out.

That would be terrific - thanks!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

I have the new OneControl (2022 2500RL) panel near the rear door, located the controller in the upper cabinet near the sink... I have isolated the top blue wire to be the interior ceiling lights. I installed the Dimmer module white wire (input) to the top wire location on the controller and the other end of the dimmer white wire to the feed to the lights per the instructions. This is where it gets interesting

I can't find the negative for the light on the controller yet the light switch on the OneControl still works but the dimmer remote does not work. Won't turn the lights on or off or dim... the dimmer module is acting like a pass through b/c the lights work fine on the OneControl panel. If I disconnect the dimmer, the lights don't work.

1. Where is the negative for the lights on the OneControl controller? I tried both the Green and White from the Ground connection and it's not them and they are physically connected to other wires...
    2. I tried the red and white wires below in the upper right corner, no luck there either

The blue wire which is second down in the upper right is for the awning light, confirmed.

So in short...
    Where is the negative for the ceiling lights on the control panel. If I can isolate it, I should be able to hook up the negative on the dimmer and it should work, in theory

Attachment 41114Attachment 41115Attachment 41116

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Hey all,

I have the new OneControl (2022 2500RL) panel near the rear door, located the controller in the upper cabinet near the sink... I have isolated the top blue wire to be the interior ceiling lights. I installed the Dimmer module white wire (input) to the top wire location on the controller and the other end of the dimmer white wire to the feed to the lights per the instructions. This is where it gets interesting

I can't find the negative for the light on the controller yet the light switch on the OneControl still works but the dimmer remote does not work. Won't turn the lights on or off or dim... the dimmer module is acting like a pass through b/c the lights work fine on the OneControl panel. If I disconnect the dimmer, the lights don't work.

1. Where is the negative for the lights on the OneControl controller? I tried both the Green and White from the Ground connection and it's not them and they are physically connected to other wires...
    2. I tried the red and white wires below in the upper right corner, no luck there either

The blue wire which is second down in the upper right is for the awning light, confirmed.

So in short...
    Where is the negative for the ceiling lights on the control panel. If I can isolate it, I should be able to hook up the negative on the dimmer and it should work, in theory

Attachment 41114Attachment 41115Attachment 41116
    Maybe try this type of dimmer. I use on for my main ceiling lights as well as my bedroom lights. I just don't recall if I had to use the lights ground or a common ground tho. Fair warning tho.... they aren't cheap.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast