Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Where is the converter typically located? I've seen two answers on threads.
    I am not familiar with your rig specifically, but generally, it's wired behind your pass through storage wall panel in your basement. Usually, in between your distribution panel (fuse box) and 30/50 amp plug in.

Full Timing Family in a 2021 Momentum 395MS-R, towed by our
    2021 Ford F450 King Ranch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the converter typically located? I've seen two answers on threads.
    It is mounted on the deck behind the false rear wall of the pass through. You need to remove a few screws then remove the rear wall to access it. It is a little difficult to reach through all of the plumbing, and the wiring is a total mess, but it can be done. Here is a picture of the converter in our 310GK. The silver box in the very center is the converter. The black box on the left is the EMS I added. The black box you see through the (very ragged) cutout in the wall is the back side of the distribution (fuse) box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9246.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	38862

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    It is mounted on the deck behind the false rear wall of the pass through. You need to remove a few screws then remove the rear wall to access it. It is a little difficult to reach through all of the plumbing, and the wiring is a total mess, but it can be done.

Chris
    Thanks Chris - Yikes, not an easy place to navigate. I know I'll drop a screw or two. The picture helps a lot.
    regards,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the same exact modification on my 310GK. I upgraded the wiring ga to 4 I think. The converter/charger is actually very easy to change and it is behind the pass through rear wall. Just remove the existing WFCO held by 4 screws, unplug from the 110 outlet, and the 12 volt wiring and replace with the Progressive Dynamics. About a 15 minute job. The VictronConnect is also very simple. Just follow the instructions and I didn’t bother installing the analog gauge. I just blue tooth it to my phone. I’ve been very happy with the set up! I used the factory lA batteries in my boat!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    It is mounted on the deck behind the false rear wall of the pass through. You need to remove a few screws then remove the rear wall to access it. It is a little difficult to reach through all of the plumbing, and the wiring is a total mess, but it can be done. Here is a picture of the converter in our 310GK. The silver box in the very center is the converter. The black box on the left is the EMS I added. The black box you see through the (very ragged) cutout in the wall is the back side of the distribution (fuse) box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9246.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	38862

Chris
    Picking up 310 on next Saturday. Dealer will be installing the BattelBorns rather then LA. I'll do the rest. In your pic, is that rear wall on the door side of the 310? As I recall, the fuse box is in a cabinet as you enter the trailer.
    Thanks again.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picking up 310 on next Saturday. Dealer will be installing the BattelBorns rather then LA. I'll do the rest. In your pic, is that rear wall on the door side of the 310? As I recall, the fuse box is in a cabinet as you enter the trailer.
    Thanks again.
    The picture is looking towards the back of the trailer. The wall straight ahead in the picture is the back of the hutch. The ragged hole knocked in that wall is directly behind the distribution box. The wall on the left of the picture (where I mounted my EMS - the black box) is the inside wall of the stairs.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to my install... Batteries in the front bay and inverter/converter on front panel inside main storage bay on front wall ad close to the batteries as I could put it. That keeps the DC cables short and costs down (4/0 copper wire isn’t cheap).

Since I did an inverter/converter install my AC side is different that what you are doing. It sounds like you will need just one AC feed to your inverter.

I left my existing converter in place along with the cables to the front compartment.

Your converter and inverter are all behind the rear wall in the storage bay. While you have it off you might consider moving it another 6” rearward and straightening it to gain some more storage room (you’ll understand as soon as you take the walls down).

Here is a link to what my wall looks like....

Oh - I’ve since replaced my 4 AGMs with a single 200a LifeBlue lithium.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post

Your converter and inverter are all behind the rear wall in the storage bay. While you have it off you might consider moving it another 6” rearward and straightening it to gain some more storage room (you’ll understand as soon as you take the walls down).
    Nice work Larry. The dealer is actually going to install the lithiums so I don't have to dispense with the LAs. Dropped them off yesterday. I'm presuming they will put them in the compartment where the original boxes were. There is still a possibility that they will replace the converter - will find out Monday. That would leave me with just installing the shunt for now. But, some good suggestions here and nice storage space to recover. Our first few longer trips this year should give us a better idea of what our needs will be.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer installed the lithium batteries but I feel compelled to have a good look at everything they installed including cable connections. They put the batteries in the stock battery boxes, but the lithiums are much taller so they just set the cap on top with the vent tubes still running in and about a two inch gap all the way around between the lower part and upper cap. I could see possibly closing that gap for heat purposes in the winter but I didn't order the heated batteries figuring I'd order the original blankets if needed. Have to replace the converter and install the shunt myself, but I think I'd rather. Is there really any need for the top half of the boxes?
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer installed the lithium batteries but I feel compelled to have a good look at everything they installed including cable connections. They put the batteries in the stock battery boxes, but the lithiums are much taller so they just set the cap on top with the vent tubes still running in and about a two inch gap all the way around between the lower part and upper cap. I could see possibly closing that gap for heat purposes in the winter but I didn't order the heated batteries figuring I'd order the original blankets if needed. Have to replace the converter and install the shunt myself, but I think I'd rather. Is there really any need for the top half of the boxes?
    Thanks,
    John
    Nope. Lithium do not need to be sealed and vented like lead acid batteries so toss it as it's not needed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast