User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman2 View Post
    I will do another inspection this evening looking at the microwave wiring. As mentioned, I am not seeing any Romex wire that even comes close to any of the hot boiler shield or piping.
    Not sure your RV is like mine, but I didn't see it either at first. It is tucked way back under all the insulation batting. I'm only 'assuming' yours has a microwave and is wired in the same place.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switched my fridge to LP for the first time since the recall was fixed. Started smelling smoke outside the RV. It seemed to be coming from around the flue pipe. Not sure if something was tweaked during the recall correction or if mud dobbers somehow have my flue plugged. I'm going to have to look into this. I turned the LP off immediately. It's always something with an RV.

Anyone else have this issue post recall correction?
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
    Switched my fridge to LP for the first time since the recall was fixed. Started smelling smoke outside the RV. It seemed to be coming from around the flue pipe. Not sure if something was tweaked during the recall correction or if mud dobbers somehow have my flue plugged. I'm going to have to look into this. I turned the LP off immediately. It's always something with an RV.

Anyone else have this issue post recall correction?
    Oh man,had our fridge recall done,no problems,fridge worked great on LP,nice and cold. Just got back from 2 weeks of dry camping.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't find mobile rv repair willing to do the recall. Any suggestions for Tampa/Zephyrhills area
    ??

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie44 View Post
    Can't find mobile rv repair willing to do the recall. Any suggestions for Tampa/Zephyrhills area
    ??
    Have you called Lazy Days? They may be able to reccomend one they use , they sent a mobile tech to a friends for a propane leak (ended up being a recall item) the tech was not their "employee", just contracted by LD. The fridge does have to be pushed out some to reach the area of concern, it took 2 guys to perform the recaall at the GD rally.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2014/G...ECTION#recalls

Summary
    Grand Design RV, LLC (Grand Design) is recalling certain 2013-2021 Momentum, Solitude, and Reflection recreational vehicles. A 110-volt wire in the refrigerator cabinet may be improperly secured, which could result in the wire contacting the refrigerator cooling unit, causing an electrical arc.

Remedy
    Dealers will inspect and replace any damaged wiring, and properly secure the wires, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed February 21, 2022. Owners may contact Grand Design customer service at 1-574-825-9679. Grand Design's number for this recall is 910026.

Notes
    Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.

I just had this done finally. They had to look up into the fringe compartment from the outside to confirm that 110v wire was stapled and secure. They took pictures with a phone camera to document the inspection for recall purposes, and we were done. 15 to 20 min, in and out. Hopefully this will be the experience for all who get this done. We are full time for six months and we’re glad the fridge didn’t have to be pulled. We had a lot of frozen, and refrigerated food that would have had to gone on ice in coolers if they had to pull the fridge.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    I just had this done finally. They had to look up into the fringe compartment from the outside to confirm that 110v wire was stapled and secure. They took pictures with a phone camera to document the inspection for recall purposes, and we were done. 15 to 20 min, in and out. Hopefully this will be the experience for all who get this done. We are full time for six months and we’re glad the fridge didn’t have to be pulled. We had a lot of frozen, and refrigerated food that would have had to gone on ice in coolers if they had to pull the fridge.

We had ours done at the Rally in Indiana, they don't totally remove the fridge. They had to push it forward some and the techs did it easily with the fridge containing food. They do turn off the fridge but it took so little time nothing had a chance to warm or melt.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Another recall fudge-up

Quote Originally Posted by aljewett View Post
    So here’s the latest; I was shocked to see this when I opened up the upper access panel to the fridge outside. It is completely blocked off, so no ventilation happening whatsoever. It’s no wonder the fridge shut down. The people at grand design and the dealer that did the recall are both on board, they said to get a mobile to repair it, and they will reimburse me. But the question remains; does the fridge still work after a major overheat?

Attachment 39892
    I can't thank you enough for your post @aljewett! We picked up our 301GK after having the recall work performed at a dealer in Ohio on July 11th. We started noticing our sodas weren't as cold as before and checked the temp setting. It looked as though the setting defaulted back to 5 and, since we typically had it set to 6, we made the adjustment and waited. After a day on 50A shore power, still not cold enough, and things in the freezer were getting soft. I called our service rep and the dealer but no response. I cranked the temp setting to 9 and then we moved to a 30A connection at the Cummins service center in Cleveland (that's another long story!).

We continued to notice poor performance but chalked it up to the 95º heat and 30A power (silly me). After 5 nights in the Cummins parking lot (...a very long story), we FINALLY got our genset running and we were off to Colorado. Along the way, I started doing research and read your post about the misplaced baffle. When we got to Denver, the cabinet next to the fridge was so hot, I could barely touch it. My hubby got on a ladder, pulled the top vent cover, and, sure enough, the metal baffle that was supposed to be on top of the fridge had been shoved to a position in front of the coils, blocking all airflow through the vent. He was able to remove the screws holding the baffle in place and wrench the metal sheet out and replace it in its proper position. This was July 24th, a full 2 weeks after the recall work was completed. I again called the dealer and 2 days later, received a call back. At the time, we were boondocking at 10k feet and I didn't think it was fair to assess the fridge's performance under those circumstances. The service rep said he would "make a note of it" in our record and to let them know if we continue to have issues.

We've now been on 50A shore power for several days and I've again cranked the temp setting to 9. We get decent temps at the top of the fridge (30-35º) but the temps in the lower drawers are not good (43-48º). The freezer compartment temps range from 0º (lower left) to 33º (upper right).

Do these readings indicate a problem to anyone else?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230724_180327.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	47527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230724_183016.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	47526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-07-24_BaffleOut.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	47525
    Full-timing since 2019
    2020 Solitude 310GK "Gracie"
    2018 GMC 3500HD Denali "George"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolling7 View Post
    I can't thank you enough for your post @aljewett! We picked up our 301GK after having the recall work performed at a dealer in Ohio on July 11th. We started noticing our sodas weren't as cold as before and checked the temp setting. It looked as though the setting defaulted back to 5 and, since we typically had it set to 6, we made the adjustment and waited. After a day on 50A shore power, still not cold enough, and things in the freezer were getting soft. I called our service rep and the dealer but no response. I cranked the temp setting to 9 and then we moved to a 30A connection at the Cummins service center in Cleveland (that's another long story!).

We continued to notice poor performance but chalked it up to the 95º heat and 30A power (silly me). After 5 nights in the Cummins parking lot (...a very long story), we FINALLY got our genset running and we were off to Colorado. Along the way, I started doing research and read your post about the misplaced baffle. When we got to Denver, the cabinet next to the fridge was so hot, I could barely touch it. My hubby got on a ladder, pulled the top vent cover, and, sure enough, the metal baffle that was supposed to be on top of the fridge had been shoved to a position in front of the coils, blocking all airflow through the vent. He was able to remove the screws holding the baffle in place and wrench the metal sheet out and replace it in its proper position. This was July 24th, a full 2 weeks after the recall work was completed. I again called the dealer and 2 days later, received a call back. At the time, we were boondocking at 10k feet and I didn't think it was fair to assess the fridge's performance under those circumstances. The service rep said he would "make a note of it" in our record and to let them know if we continue to have issues.

We've now been on 50A shore power for several days and I've again cranked the temp setting to 9. We get decent temps at the top of the fridge (30-35º) but the temps in the lower drawers are not good (43-48º). The freezer compartment temps range from 0º (lower left) to 33º (upper right).

Do these readings indicate a problem to anyone else?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230724_180327.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	47527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230724_183016.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	47526Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-07-24_BaffleOut.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	47525
    I had the recall done on ours and the performance is the same now as before, very satisfactory for us. (approx 30 and 0 degrees).

Do you hear the outside fans operating? It's possible that the dealer may have knocked a wire loose? Peeking down through the upper vent with a ladder and a flashlight vcan verify fan operation. I'm pretty sure without those fans, performance would be horrible. That's why I replaced ours with IP67 rated higher reliability fans.
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad I could help. Our fridge story;
    Tennessee in April/22. Very warm day, fridge kept getting warmer. That's when I noticed that the baffle wasn't properly placed after the recall work. They blamed GD for not providing the proper pictures. Hmmm. Service on an RV in April in Tennessee wasn't happening. Off to the hardware store to buy a cooler. Ice for 2 weeks can be pricey! Anyhoo, we got home and went straight to the dealer to get it fixed right. (I asked to be reimbursed for the cooler....yeah, right) 0 degrees in the freezer is pretty good. I'd be happy with that.
    Enjoy your time in the RV!
    2020 303RLS

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728