User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Is this an issue mainly dealing with using propane to operate the obsorbtion fridges and the heat melts the casing causing the short?
    I don't think so. Both LP and the electric elements heat the boiler, so either power source puts the wiring at risk if it comes in contact with the boiler or other hot parts of the cooling system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 Momentum (LP frig) is not on the recall, even though it was built in 4/21. I will still do the check myself to make sure. From the description, easy check for most anyone, and would not run the trailer into the dealer unless I saw a problem.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't think so. Both LP and the electric elements heat the boiler, so either power source puts the wiring at risk if it comes in contact with the boiler or other hot parts of the cooling system.

Rob
    Yea, havent had to remove one yet to actually see the whole backside yet, but after reviewing a few diagrams and videos on them, I can see the issue with the external plumbing behind the fridges which could cause an issue.

BTW, my serial falls into the recall list. Bummer, will probably take another look at mine again. Last summer installed cabinet and defroster fans, so had to hookup to existing 12v fridge supply bus.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Take it to the dealer in the early spring and get it back in the late fall. Just in time to winterize it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like this should be a customer inspection recall. How hard is it to remove the outside refrigerator cover, look and see where the 110v power cord is routed and take it from there.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Momentum 394M (2018) is not in the VIN range for the recall. It's probably a moot point anyway, as I will be taking the trailer to JC Refrigeration in May to have them remove the Norcold 2118 and remove the entire back of the refrig and convert it over to the twin 12VDC compressor mod.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Seems like this should be a customer inspection recall. How hard is it to remove the outside refrigerator cover, look and see where the 110v power cord is routed and take it from there.
    As with most recalls, they want proof that the fix was done in accordance with the requirements.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To everyone trying to look at the VIN list to figure out if your rig is affected, notice they all have the “Not Sequential” box checked. On a previous recall my trailer fell within a VIN range, but GD told me it wasn’t affected.
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    As with most recalls, they want proof that the fix was done in accordance with the requirements.
    You're probably right but If I can I will still repair it, if needed, on my unit. I am going to look at it today to see what's what. I'm 3 hours from my dealer, or any Grand Design dealer for that matter. Total waste of time to go that far for a 15-minute fix. Unless there is a burned wire, then a little longer, or maybe a Mobile Tech.

Edit - note: while my Vin does not appear to be within the range of recalls, I'll still check. As mentioned previously, they are marked non sequential.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 02-13-2022 at 09:38 AM. Reason: added another answer
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option if in the recall vin range would be going to a GD Rally. When you checking they will let you know you have an open recall and will schedule a tech to come by. This is how we handled the propane regulator recall.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast