User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another is assimilated into the cult.
    Great rig.
    Enjoy!
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 17MKE with almost 25000 miles on it and thoroughly enjoy it. We are not full timers but "long timers", we travel 6-8 months of the year. It suits us fine but a little more space would be nice. We looked at the 22 MLE but didn't find it to have anymore space due to the stationary bed so we are still in the 17 MKE. It would be nice if they had a model like the 22 MLE that had a semi walk around Murphy bed. That would be ideal for us. Good luck with your new rig!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I was wondering if the recliners could be swapped out for a small couch. Not a hide-a-bed, but just a couch to turn sideways on.

We don’t have the 2500RL anymore. We thought we wanted a truck camper and used one for one season and maybe we might be coming back to Grand Design and consider the 22MLE.
    Bill & Rachel
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW
    2023 Host Everest
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL—( No longer own ).

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax View Post
    Hey, I was wondering if the recliners could be swapped out for a small couch. Not a hide-a-bed, but just a couch to turn sideways on.

We don’t have the 2500RL anymore. We thought we wanted a truck camper and used one for one season and maybe we might be coming back to Grand Design and consider the 22MLE.
    Why not as long as it fits. Just FYI, those lounge couch almost recline flat. Almost. But not sideways
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailerMan22 View Post
    Hello Everybody,

After three very satisfactory years with our 2019 XLS 17MKE we made a move today and bought a 2022 XLS 22MLE. In some ways a very similar trailer. We loved how "nimble" the 17MKE was in getting in and out of parking lots and gas stations. I had installed a trailer hitch on the back and we could mount our Handi generator back there and it would run the 13.K air. The real downsides to us for the 17MKE was the bed and the air conditioner. The bed was one of the original design, and it was a bear to get up and over the DW to get to the potty at night. The air was sufficiently cool but it was not ducted and had to be controlled from the unit instead of a wall thermostat. The new 22MLE had several "upgrades" such as the 12V refrigerator/solar setup and the 15K ducted air. Glad to have the regular walk-around bed again. The long awning is nice, too.

Looks like there are lots of the 22MLE units out there. Haven't seen much negative, so we are looking forward to a good experience with ours.
    Welcome to the 22 MLE XLS. I don’t want to be sounding negative, but we have experienced some leak issues behind the Convenience Center Wall; 3rd time taking it to our dealership to have repaired, but hoping this time all goes well. Grand Design has been great in having them repair our Coach. We have the early 2022, purchased in 2021, so we have the 8 Cubic Ft. Elec/Lp Refrigerator. When we had it repaired last week, we noticed the LP hose collars were badly cracked and they replaced those at no charge. Normally $100 ea. I replaced one of the hinges on the Water Heater door myself. I found the repair kit on Panther RV on-line Website. Other then the issues I explained, we love our Trailer.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanteer View Post
    We pick up our new 2022 MLE on the 22nd. Our first dive into RVing. Getting excited.
    This is our first as well.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 2023 17MKE, and the mattress is pretty terrible. Do you have to deflate the Air Dream Ultra mattress when you fold up the Murphy bed? Otherwise how does it handle the "split"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrffrank440 View Post
    Welcome to the 22MLE club !
    These are solid rigs and PERFECT for just two people. No major issues after 15 trips so far. Wish we had the 12 Volt fridge. We upgraded the tires from Westlakes to Goodyear, but I think those are now standard or require a small upgrade. The only thing that I would recommend would be to change the door lock. Refer to RVlock.com. Great product. Get on their email list, to get discounts on your new RV Lock. Installation was really easy.
    That’s exactly what I did. Yes, RV Lock is a good lock. I also suggest purchasing two new lock cams for the cargo bay doors that are keyed alike. eTrailer.com has them. The standard locks, every Tom, Dick or Harry that has key to the XLS 22MLE can open your cargo doors.
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12