Slickjohnson

Upgrades from '15 to '16

What upgrades did GD make from 2015 to 2016 on 388 momentum

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Slick! If you don't get any answers from the Momentum owners, give Grand Design Customer Service a call at 574-825-9679.

Steve

AZ Wildcat
    From what I've seen!

Fold up and removable happy jac couches.

Windows reconfigured in garage and looks like happy jack pushed further to rear (I like it)

Maybe no sound bars in garage TV

New island shape, squared off, no side shelves, larger drawers

Smaller tile back splash

Glass stove cover

New wider 6 drawer dresser with wider window in bedroom

Jewelry box removed under bed??

Paint job

TV in couch slide out with available awning

All glass inserts in hutch cabinets (used to only be middle 2 doors)

Shower head now fixed, Not adjustable

Gas pumps moved inside storage housing unit.

There is a new brochure on the website. Saw some changes there, others I've noted from looking at pics!

Hope this helps
    Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did a quick walk through of our 385TH and there are some substantial changes. I'll be posting a list and some photos on our site tonight when we get home.

So far, everything I saw were improvements. The 360-degree view of the 385TH bedroom on the Grand Design site is correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

AZ Wildcat
    Guess I should state that I ordered a 380 so these changes are based on that floor plan.

AZ Wildcat
    And congrats on your 385!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted some photos and information based on the first look at our 2016 385TH. http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    I just posted some photos and information based on the first look at our 2016 385TH. http://www.momentumgunner.com/momentum_project.html
    Nice writeup RamGunner. We are a few weeks out from picking ours up. Nice to see the Kantleak is gone, that is big. Also love the look of the white outside, the beige was our biggest negative on the GD.

You didn't happen to get a measurement from the level ground to the pin did you? Still wondering how tall it is and if my truck will tow it level.
    2016 380TH
    2014 Ram 3500 dually
    KTM 950A, BMW 650GS
    Abusing the National Parks pass, 33 national parks in 11 months during our first year on the road - http://www.wherearekimandchris.com/blog/
    Current travels - http://www.wherearekimandchris.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We actually liked the beige/brownish color - it kind of set them apart in a way. It wasn't your old telephone or computer beige, but we like the white even more when you consider temperature.

The changes to the bedroom pretty much perfected it. The only thing we'd like to see from the factory are real blackout shades in there, but we can come up with something. I don't think the layout they have now can be improved upon. It really is fantastic. The quality of the woodwork looked really good, but we only had about a half hour to go through it.

The swing-arm mount for the main TV is another big improvement. I can see that the pole it used to be on was a best-effort compromise. I expect the swing arm will be much more useful over the long run.

We will be doing the PDI next week and I will take that pin height measurement when I know it's perfectly level. I measured it at the RV show, but I don't have that number in front of me.

We will also be shooting some much better photos and video next week too.

AZ Wildcat
    I was hoping that GD would be able to put the tv in the living room of the 380 on a swing arm as well, so I could add book shelves behind it where it seems there's just empty space. I just ordered it so not sure how far it is into the process but really hope this can be done. Thanks for the info! Can't wait to see more pics!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast