User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Rear Camera for 2022 Solitude

I bought a 2022 F250 Super Duty with the pro tow assist package. It also has a wired camera for the rear of the trailer and tire pressure sensors for the 4 trailer tires. After doing some research and talking to the RV dealership it seems the Tire Linc system with bluetooth is less work to install. Seems having all four Solitude tires removed to install the sensors is a little dated with current technology and too much work and additional expense. I'm sure for small work type trailers it would be just fine though when you have an easier tire removal process. I like the ease of the Tire Linc system after reading about it. Lastly I found that the Ford pro assist back up will work with a fifth wheel. The sensor has to be installed on the king pin as that's the part that moves side to side. Hopefully that is helpful to others on here that may be ordering a new Ford truck.

Ok, my question is the rear camera system mounted on the back of the Solitude. Which is better? The RV dealership said a blue tooth camera by Furion was better than the hard wired Ford camera. The pro is that there is less to go wrong as there a no wires and the cost to install the rear Ford rear camera seems high. The only real con I see is that I have 2 screens in the cab of my Ford if I go that route.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furion camera. It works less than 1/2 the time and is on all the time even if I am not hooked up. I really need to replace it and wire it to come on only when hooked up.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my F350 with the camera package and Ford installed the camera, then programmed it to the dash and provided enough cable to reach the rear of Solitude 390RK. I recently had the camera connected from the generator bay to the frame and up along the rear ladder and paid $300 to have it installed. Happy to send pics if your interested in DIY.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Did you take your rig to the Ford dealership to install the camera? My dealership won't do that for whatever reason. A pic of the the cable going up the back to the camera would be great. I feel I can do the cable but getting it to the camera in the back of my rig is the tough part. Thank you!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which Solitude?
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    310 gk 2022

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Silverado and opted for the GM camera which comes with a 50 foot wire. Easy to install and run the wire under the rig. So nice to have the image integrated into the truck’s display and have the picture quality and no update lag.

But.

When in traffic and showing the rear view, the display is not available for navigation. I prefer google anyway and have my phone mounted to the dash. So I didn’t really avoid the extra separate display in the cab after all.

The GM integration of the trailer camera and all the other cameras that respond to the turn signals is nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a few pictures (generator bay, then nautilus bay) after the ford dealer installed and programed the camera to my F350 DRW. The rest was was easy since the wiring harness runs along the frame and up the ladder with the camera mounted next to the pre-installed camera mount. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220221_143525.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	39043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220221_143547.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	39042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220221_143615.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	39044Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220221_143618.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	39045

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    I have a Silverado and opted for the GM camera which comes with a 50 foot wire. Easy to install and run the wire under the rig. So nice to have the image integrated into the truck’s display and have the picture quality and no update lag.

But.

When in traffic and showing the rear view, the display is not available for navigation. I prefer google anyway and have my phone mounted to the dash. So I didn’t really avoid the extra separate display in the cab after all.

The GM integration of the trailer camera and all the other cameras that respond to the turn signals is nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have pictures of how once you got to the front of the rig (going under) how you got the cable for access to your rear bumper? I was thinking running up in to the Propane storage and into the front storage compartment then out through the king pin, but I've been told there is no easy access from the storage compartment to the king pin. ty
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK