User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad that worked. When my dealer delivered my unit to a storage facility i asked them to disco the batteries. well they did not 3 months later when i picked it up...dead as a door nail as they say...thanks for the repley

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chronically discharged batteries lead to sulfation. Assuming these are lead acid batteries, maybe someone can suggest how long complete discharge can occur before it becomes a real issue. Sulfation can be reversed with charging techniques, but if batteries have been at discharge state for 3 months I think I might have them load tested to see if they are still good. I'd be curious to other opinions.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, i can say based on my observation where my flexible solar panel blew off my roof,(& of course landed wrong side up) i found it dirty from mud etc. I think it may have been not charging for at least a month.
    Im hoping the battery's which were just purchase in june will hold a charge.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your thoughts Please, upon setting up my trailer sunday after after a 200 mile drive. i plugged in to the 50 amp pedestal.
    I was able to auto level my stabilizers fine. But when i went inside at the main breakers & slideout switches, I had No 12volt power to the panel?
    What would you first look for? Power Converter? Nothing was trip when i was able to look at the converter underneath. I did detect a gran light on?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevyG View Post
    Your thoughts Please, upon setting up my trailer sunday after after a 200 mile drive. i plugged in to the 50 amp pedestal.
    I was able to auto level my stabilizers fine. But when i went inside at the main breakers & slideout switches, I had No 12volt power to the panel?
    What would you first look for? Power Converter? Nothing was trip when i was able to look at the converter underneath. I did detect a gran light on?
    Is your battery disconnect turned on? It will allow the landing gear to work when it is off, but nothing inside.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might check your Battery Disconnect Switch. Mine will allow you to operate the Auto-Level from outside, but will have no 12 V power inside. But if you have power to your converter, you'll need to look elsewhere.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will double check that. I thought it was on...i wont be able to get to the unit until this weekend
    thank you. But even with it off position I dont ever remember loosing all 12 volt power the the panel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will do that this weekend when i get back to the campground ..charged batterys to power converter to main Ill follow the voltage path

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The hydraulics will not work off just converter 12 volt. It needs the battery.

Call it load resistance, whatever, it needs the battery in there. The hydraulics (which run the leveling jacks and main slides on your unit) are high draw.

Even your Schwintek slides need a higher 12 volt source than, say, the lights.
    Huntr70. good to have you on the forum. Looking for some more info on what you posted. If the batteries are dead and you hook up to shore power would you need to wait for the batteries to charge or would you be good to go. I have electric auto level, no hydraulics.
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Huntr70. good to have you on the forum. Looking for some more info on what you posted. If the batteries are dead and you hook up to shore power would you need to wait for the batteries to charge or would you be good to go. I have electric auto level, no hydraulics.
    Think of it like having to jump start a dead battery on a car. If the battery is completely dead you may have to wait a little for the battery to charge enough to support the amp draw required to operate the auto level.

Generally, the converter is not capable of running heavy amp draw mechanisms like hydraulic slides or leveling, but I'm not sure the amp draw of electric levelers. If the amp draw for your leveler does exceed the converter capability, you'll have to wait for batteries to charge enough to handle the load.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast