Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for new batteries

Quote Originally Posted by StevyG View Post
    thanks for the reply. Everything was perfect in nov when i stored it. Only thing that changed was the batteries died at some point when my trickle charge was disconnect from some high winds.
    If the batteries are bad it doesn’t matter if you’re plugged in or not. It’s a 12V system but doesn’t run directly off the inverter (at least not on my trailer). I ran into this same slide issue and found that even though the battery voltage was good, my batteries had low amperage and could not keep up with the draw for the slide. Up until that point, I always thought that plugging in powered everything directly. New batteries resolved my problem completely and I haven’t had a repeat in 2 years.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am starting to think I am hearing is that the items that will run from your battery while boondocking, all the 12v system, still runs from the battery even when on shore power. The shore power runs your 120v items like microwave and tv and charges your battery. Is this correct?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Much, I was told that even my 200 mile drive from point A to point B a week ago would not be enough to charge deep cell batteries? When i charged it at rv park after a couple of days. ( i was told as I was not there).I will be there on friday & hoping I get the 12 volts to my panel.

Question on Surge Protectors Any good recommendations or units to avoid.

Thanks all for your expertise!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if RV chargers work like Boat chargers, but I have had in the past on my boat a situation where the charger was off and the batteries had totally run out of juice. The charger would not charge them at all. I was able to hook up a second battery with jumper cables, and after letting the good batter shift some power to the dead battery, the charger was able to actually start charging the dead battery. I can't explain it, maybe someone else can, but it's happened to me twice. Once with a boat, and once with a vehicle.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back my trailer. Battery's all charged. Still No 12 volt power to the panel. After checking the fuse panel the control panel 15 amp was blown. I found it strange when a fuse blows a light goes on Except if it the fuse for the panel!
    learn something everyday.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your Control panel is powered by a 15A fuse? Seems odd, but my knowledge of electrical is very limited so maybe not so strange. My skills are limited to household wiring, and not on a professional basis. I rewired my house, and both of my sons (with them helping) houses.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got back my trailer. Battery's all charged. Still No 12 volt power to the panel. After checking the fuse panel the control panel 15 amp was blown. I found it strange when a fuse blows a light goes on Except if it the fuse for the panel!
    learn something everyday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220226_144110034.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	39113
    Here is a picture

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220226_144110034.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	39113
    Here is a picture
    Well, that's good to know! And the fact that it won't light up!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slides

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsav View Post
    I just had a similar issue with my new 2022 unit. Dealer must have turned off the battery disconnect switch during PDI so slides started moving from the converter and then cut out after about 10 seconds. The tech redid the battery terminals as they weren’t great and switched on the battery disconnect. Slides and levelling worked perfectly.
    I’ve had challenges with slides when batteries are low they tend to get off track and bind so one side gets ahead of the other and requires a reset. This problem was resolved by replacing lead acid batteries with lithium batteries.
    The last time I had trouble getting slides in even with plenty of power because I hadn’t lubricated the gears underneath and the silver tracks on the sides. Some white lithium spray grease solved the problem and now they work like new 👍😊

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123