User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dead battteries for slide outs

Advice Needed. yesterday upon picking up my Solitude 390. Solar panels charger blew off the roof.(resulting in dead & fairly new batterys) I hook up my inverter generator but slide out were not working it seem there was no 12 volts even going to my panel. Even after hooking the unit up at the RV park 50 amp. The slideouts would not work. I had to use my car battery to directly connect to my hydraulics stabilizers. Had no prior issues..any advise

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you need to call Grand Design Customer Service, hope you are still under warranty
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dud you check the battery disconnect & fuses? Is this a new RV to you?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My batteries were dead when I went to get trailer out of storage as well. 2022 and trailer had never been used yet. Plugged in the Honda generator and the landing jacks worked just fine. I only mention this as maybe more troubleshooting is needed. I didn't need charged batteries to make the landing gear work, just the generator.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had a similar issue with my new 2022 unit. Dealer must have turned off the battery disconnect switch during PDI so slides started moving from the converter and then cut out after about 10 seconds. The tech redid the battery terminals as they weren’t great and switched on the battery disconnect. Slides and levelling worked perfectly.
    2020 F350 Platinum, 6.7L PowerStroke, 10spd, SRW, Long bed
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R - Platinum FBP, DPW, 8K axles & disc brakes, 3rd AC/heat, MorRyde tray, SeeLevelII, Victron MultiplusII, 3xSmartSolar, CerboGX Touch50, 2xBattleborn GC3
    HAM call VA7SVG http://visitednorthamericamap.com/im...AZCAORWAsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks No warranty, I have to make sure the battery has some voltage. & check the converter fuse. i could see the green light was was illuminated on the converter

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know the batteries went dead. when the solar panel trickle charger blew off the roof. I will check the fuses. the green light on the converter was on. no 12 volts were on at the panel.
    No it is Not new im pretty good at figuring most things out.
    my question is: if you are hooked up at the pedestal with dead batteries should u still be able to get 12 if the converter is ok?
    Or does Voltage have to pass thru the batteries regardless if you are fully hooked up?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the reply. Everything was perfect in nov when i stored it. Only thing that changed was the batteries died at some point when my trickle charge was disconnect from some high winds.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hydraulics will not work off just converter 12 volt. It needs the battery.

Call it load resistance, whatever, it needs the battery in there. The hydraulics (which run the leveling jacks and main slides on your unit) are high draw.

Even your Schwintek slides need a higher 12 volt source than, say, the lights.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Thank you for explaining that. Upon picking my trailer up & no power to my slides even with a 3500 inverter generator going. Slides & stabilizers would not open/retract, I was perplexed i reset the switch in the compartment & took jumper cables from my truck to the hydraulic connections & was able to get my stabilizers re tracked. When i got to the rv park, hooked up & I still could not get the slides to work & other 12 volt switches did not work flood lights awnings etc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast