User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Just a suggestion to use a controller for your panels which can handle your expansion to three so you aren’t faced with multiple controllers
    The guy did say there will be a Controller installed, and later I can go to a Third panel and install an inverter. How many Watts inverter do you suggest? My wife wants to be able to run the AC once in a while dry camping. I said you don’t run the AC when you are boondocking. I am not really sure [emoji2958]. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest the Victron Multiplex 3000
    We have this and it electrifies all of our 110
    Outlets in the camper. It also serves as the 3 stage charger for the batteries. It has an auto switch also.

This kind of investment though required other components like shunts, bus bars, on off switches as well as enough battery power.

The one thing you will not be able to run with
    ANY setup is your AC . For that you need a generator.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    I suggest the Victron Multiplex 3000
    We have this and it electrifies all of our 110
    Outlets in the camper. It also serves as the 3 stage charger for the batteries. It has an auto switch also.

This kind of investment though required other components like shunts, bus bars, on off switches as well as enough battery power.

The one thing you will not be able to run with
    ANY setup is your AC . For that you need a generator.
    Yes I learned this about the AC. Starting with 2 x 190 Watts panels and a controller, only for charging the batteries. My dealership where we purchased our Trailer uses Go-power for their panels, and probably a Go-power setup, like the Go-power pure sine wave 3,000 Watt 12VDC Inverter. I’ll find out what they use on the 17th when I bring our Coach in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In a word Don't go there with your Go Power thoughts. I headed down the same road and by the time I cost out the extras (even ordered the transfer switch which is now sitting on the shelf) to make the Go Power inverter work (transfer switch, etc) I was better off with the Victron MultiPlus. Besides if you read the reviews the Victron is better rated. My dealer also used Go Power panels (Canada made - good panel) and also recommended thier inverter, However if you ever consider Lithium batterys you will need the Victron ability to program the built in converter charger for you specific battery needs. As far as I know GoPower is not there yet.

Trying to show options
    Safe Travels.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234