User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12V Batteries Question

I begin by saying I am a Newbee to owning an RV. The beginning of Winter I removed my Two new 12V batteries and placed them on Two cut 2 x 4s to store in the garage. The weather has warmed up, plus talking to a friend I made the decision to put them back on the RV (New, and we have not taken out yet). Connected them in parallel and turned the Battery Disconnect switch to OFF and unplugged the electricity ⚡️. I then checked the Control Panel, but nothing worked. Are my Two new batteries destroyed by removing them and storing them in the garage? I never purchased a trickle charger for them. Please, any knowledgeable owners in this Forum I need your input. 🥴🥺
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Battery Disconnect Switch turned to the "OFF" position, you'll get no power from the batteries, except maybe a couple small parasitic draws. The "OFF" position is supposed to disconnect the batteries from the trailer power, it is for storage.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karl,

Thank you for your service from another DAV member. USAF 1966-1970.

Storing your batteries likely didn’t cause any issues with them.

You stated after reinstalling and connecting you turned the battery switch off and unplugged electric. After you did that did you turn the battery switch back on?

Do you have a voltmeter or can you borrow one to see what voltage the batteries are currently reading?
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KGoesele View Post
    I begin by saying I am a Newbee to owning an RV. The beginning of Winter I removed my Two new 12V batteries and placed them on Two cut 2 x 4s to store in the garage. The weather has warmed up, plus talking to a friend I made the decision to put them back on the RV (New, and we have not taken out yet). Connected them in parallel and turned the Battery Disconnect switch to OFF and unplugged the electricity ⚡️. I then checked the Control Panel, but nothing worked. Are my Two new batteries destroyed by removing them and storing them in the garage? I never purchased a trickle charger for them. Please, any knowledgeable owners in this Forum I need your input. ����
    By turning the battery switch to off and disconnecting the shore power you effectively removed all power from the coach. Turn the switch back on and you will have power, the batteries are fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    With the Battery Disconnect Switch turned to the "OFF" position, you'll get no power from the batteries, except maybe a couple small parasitic draws. The "OFF" position is supposed to disconnect the batteries from the trailer power, it is for storage.
    Thank you! I had it opposite. Titled a Disconnect Switch. I took ON as it’s disconnected. 🤦**♂️
    Karl - USMC - DAV 🇺🇸
    2004 Ford F-350 Powerstroke Super-duty 6.0L (Bulletproofed 😁) 202k miles | 2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE | Trailer Tires: Goodyear Endurance ‘D’ rated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Karl,

Thank you for your service from another DAV member. USAF 1966-1970.

Storing your batteries likely didn’t cause any issues with them.

You stated after reinstalling and connecting you turned the battery switch off and unplugged electric. After you did that did you turn the battery switch back on?

Do you have a voltmeter or can you borrow one to see what voltage the batteries are currently reading?
    Thank you! My One Control app displays 13.6V. Thanks for your service as well! 💪🏼🇺🇸

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I had turned the switch to ON position when I had removed the batteries thinking that meant it was disconnected, hence the name Disconnect Switch. I guess my Brain is not working the right way. 🤦**♂️

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, actually a Battery Connect Switch makes more logical sense. "ON" would be on, and "OFF" would be off.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The disconnect switch does not turn everything off. The propane detector and several other items will still be powered. These items do put a parasitic draw on the batteries. Do a search for the battery shut off switch. You should find a lot of good reading. Many people have tried doing what you are doing and found their batteries dead in just a week or two.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellow Forum members,

I turned the Disconnect Switch from OFF to ON and left my 30 Amp cord plugged-in all night. I unplugged the cord this afternoon and went to the Control Panel, and it shows Battery full charge. Thank you for all the assistance and advice!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast