User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 Gallon Titan Fuel Tank

Hey everyone, just checking in to say I'm getting a 55 gallon Titan fuel tank installed March 6th on my truck. Excited to avoid having to fill the tank every 300ish miles because we all know that's a PIA in small towns. So far the truck has new airbags installed and next is the fuel tank. Is that the end of the line, or are there any other mods/addons to make life easier on the road?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should look into Forscan, there are a lot of neat things you can do. Powerstroke.org has some good info on it or the Forscan forum. Make sure you know what you are doing and back up the files first or you can cause some issues.

By the way, when it comes to mods there is no such thing as end of the line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best thing I ever did to my 2017 F250. Unloaded I can go just over 1200 miles on a tank and with my camper in tow it is around 500-700 depending on the terrain. Good way to hedge against fuel price increases.

I agree to get forscan it lets you change a lot of other features that are disabled on lower trims. Also not sure if the 2018 have the issue but there was a TSB for the 2017 model year to change the fuel sending unit on the fuel pump. This will allow the float to more accurately read the fuel level. When my low fuel light comes on I have about 5 gallons left. With the old sending unit it would be around 10 gallons.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chizetown View Post
    This is the best thing I ever did to my 2017 F250. Unloaded I can go just over 1200 miles on a tank and with my camper in tow it is around 500-700 depending on the terrain. Good way to hedge against fuel price increases.

I agree to get forscan it lets you change a lot of other features that are disabled on lower trims. Also not sure if the 2018 have the issue but there was a TSB for the 2017 model year to change the fuel sending unit on the fuel pump. This will allow the float to more accurately read the fuel level. When my low fuel light comes on I have about 5 gallons left. With the old sending unit it would be around 10 gallons.
    My sending unit is bad as well. It says 50 miles to go and I fill up 26 gallons in a 36 gallon tank. Definitely needs replacing. I'll ask ford about that. Thanks!
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are the details.

According to the Ford TSB 17-0046. If your truck has a build date prior to 3-20-17. Replace the fuel Level Sender Resistor Card Assembly with Ford part # HC3Z-9A299-N.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add functionality to the air bags, an onboard compressor is a nice addition, at least I think it will be, my Airlift has been on back-order since July.
    Those PSD engines are a little weak from the factory , and the gas pedal delay is awful. Mr Banks has all kinds of goodies to help wake them up (keeping all emissions equipment in place) and helping them breathe easier. eg. Pedal monster, Derringer inline tuner, air filter box, big exhaust.......
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    You should look into Forscan, there are a lot of neat things you can do. Powerstroke.org has some good info on it or the Forscan forum. Make sure you know what you are doing and back up the files first or you can cause some issues.

By the way, when it comes to mods there is no such thing as end of the line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yep, I was amazed at all the tweaks I was able to do.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chizetown View Post
    Here are the details.

According to the Ford TSB 17-0046. If your truck has a build date prior to 3-20-17. Replace the fuel Level Sender Resistor Card Assembly with Ford part # HC3Z-9A299-N.
    Thanks! I'm going to check what my build date is and if it's before that, I'll replace it. I definitely have about an 8 gallon reserve when getting low on fuel. At 50 miles to empty I can barely fit 27 gallons in the 34 gallon tank.
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Yep, I was amazed at all the tweaks I was able to do.

What were some of the better tweaks you could do?
    Ed & Kaitlin

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    What were some of the better tweaks you could do?
    Bambi mode for the head lights, more controls on the touch screen, Tran temp reading, lower and raise the windows with the fob.... on the Ford forum, there's a list of what can be done.

Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast