User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 55 gals Titan fuel tank I had just had install a 52 gals Titan fuel tank in my 2018 3500 SB and about 30 days or so later I bought my new 2022 Ram Laramie with the factory install 50 gals tank. I wouldn't have traded it in right after I had spent $1,600 dollars to have it installed but I started having trouble with it so we have a cross country trip coming up next month towing our 37' 5th wheel the wife thought it was a good ideal to trade it in.

I love the fact that you can go a little farther you get to pick your fuel stop, at one time I come I can get up to 970 miles but I know towing my 5th wheel I want get that.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 02-17-2022 at 08:45 PM.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "EddieK82" another upgrade suggestion would be to replace the rear oem shocks. I have 2,800lbs on my pin and the stock shocks had quite a problem handling the compression/rebound in the whoop-de-doos and bigger bumps. I installed Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks on the rear which helped immensely and interestingly help improve any side to side roll. Daily driving the setting is 3 and 8 when towing. Another upgrade I added was a hard trifold truck bed cover. Keeps my superglide and truck bed clean and out of the elements and it sits on top of my bed rails so I avoid some of the issues others have with truck bed covers mounted to the inside of the bed rail contacting the pin box. Lastly, regarding Forscan, you'll need someone knowledgeable enough to change the original tank size setting in the IPC module which will then give you correct distance to empty (DTE). Forscan website does have a tutorial on the correct way to do it so you don't screw up your trucks "as built" parameters. Safe travels!!!
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please forgive the algebra, but there is a mathematical model for the correct number of mods on an RV tow truck. It is: Mods = N+1, where "N" is the number you currently have.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    You should look into Forscan, there are a lot of neat things you can do.
    We have a Ford F-350. It (and the 150's) have this annoying double horn honk when you have it running and close the doors, keys in hand. Using Forscan I was able to disable that. Totally worth the $10 for the software, plus the ODB connector. (My brother in law with an F-150 asked me to do it on his, too!) Life has been so much better since. OP asked about a Titan, I'm sure there's some great stuff for it; I only know the Ford settings.
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Bambi mode for the head lights
    Hah! I had to look up "Bambi mode"! I must've missed that feature. I finally figured out, through use, why I lost the fog lamps.
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectionWideOpen View Post
    We have a Ford F-350. It (and the 150's) have this annoying double horn honk when you have it running and close the doors, keys in hand. Using Forscan I was able to disable that. Totally worth the $10 for the software, plus the ODB connector. (My brother in law with an F-150 asked me to do it on his, too!) Life has been so much better since. OP asked about a Titan, I'm sure there's some great stuff for it; I only know the Ford settings.
    Titan is the fuel tank manufacturer [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Titan is the fuel tank manufacturer [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I had Ford drop my tank and replace the sender unit on my fuel tank, issue with low fuel and 10 gals left in the tank is still there!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Hey everyone, just checking in to say I'm getting a 55 gallon Titan fuel tank installed March 6th on my truck. Excited to avoid having to fill the tank every 300ish miles because we all know that's a PIA in small towns. So far the truck has new airbags installed and next is the fuel tank. Is that the end of the line, or are there any other mods/addons to make life easier on the road?
    I had the same Titan installed in my 2014 F-250. Be sure that whoever does the install also reprograms the onboard computer so that it knows the larger tank size. My installer had the equipment to reprogram but didn't know the procedure, about 10 minutes with "the google" and I found the steps for him to do it. I'm still not use to the Estimated range showing 750+ miles.
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone, just checking in to say I'm getting a 55 gallon Titan fuel tank installed March 6th on my truck. Excited to avoid having to fill the tank every 300ish miles because we all know that's a PIA in small towns. So far the truck has new airbags installed and next is the fuel tank. Is that the end of the line, or are there any other mods/addons to make life easier on the road?
    I am curious about the airbags. I just bought a 307MKS, which I am pulling with a Ford F-350 4x4, with the factory 5th wheel prep. When I lower the trailer onto the hitch, the rear of my truck only drops an inch or two at the most. Your towing setup looks similar.

Why did you install airbags.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were some of the better tweaks you could do?
    I disabled the seat belt chime. Having 41 acres and driving the truck around on the property, good one to do. Also increased the turn signal flashes when you just press the lever for lane changes. Did the double horn honk too.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12