Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Underbelly

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underbelly

Not exactly sure where to post this question but since it is a Solitude, and since it is on the exterior, figured worth a shot.

I went and looked at a used 2017 Solitude yesterday (300GK) that has been parked at the campsite for at least two years. The campsite slopes to the rear so the front of the trailer is essentially on the ground! Certainly not a preferred setup. That plus the front levelers have sunk an inch or so into the ground.

Long story short (if that is possible) when looking under the front end I noticed that the under belly black corrugated style wrap/liner was in contact with the ground for several feet long and wide below the pass through and appeared to sag more than normal. I noticed an area where it was sweating and upon feeling the sweat line I could convince myself that there was ice/water INSIDE the liner. Now unit is located in snowy region of northeast and still snow on the ground but a warm day where things were melting. I could smell no odor and the owner assured me that the waste water tanks were emptied before buttoning up for the winter and unit was winterized (I convinced myself that it was since some antifreeze came out of the drain port when cracked open). My question is regarding permeability of the liner and if anybody else has experienced anything like that. Unit is couple hundred miles away so doing much investigative work on a unit that is not mine is a bit difficult. Does anybody have a good cutaway view of what that underbelly area may look like as far as insulation, waste tanks, etc? I usually don't mind a challenge but not really interested in getting a pig in a poke! Naturally when the weather warms up and the unit gets out where can actually work on it one never knows what they will find and that is what concerns me.

I will try to attach a picture but not sure if one can actually interpret what seeing in the pic. Any help appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0A2F61A9-D742-4968-919E-9501CD69E86A.jpg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the picture got inverted somehow....will try to correct. Gravel is usually on the ground!!!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underbelly

Definitely looks very low to the ground, but I can’t really see any evidence that it’s comprised. Maybe a picture further away.

Not sure about the sweating part. Could just be condensation. Also if the unit has a heater running maybe condensation where it’s close to the ground. Try not to look at the bad possibility like a broken line.

Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of these with tier pants off. It will be spaghetti wires though.
    Last edited by Redapple63; 02-18-2022 at 04:32 PM.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS