Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front Bay Door Gap

Hello all,

Took delivery today and tonight noticed a large amount of light shining out from under the front bay cargo door. Upon closer inspection it appears that the bottom of the door doesn't touch the frame or weather stripping for about a foot on each side of the keylock. Both left & right wing nuts catch the frame when locked but the middle of the door doesn't contact the frame at all. In fact, the gap is large enough between them that I can see straight through to the solar charge controller or fit a few fingers. It's frustrating that neither I, GDRV, the dealer, or my inspector didn't catch it. In any case, how miserable of a fix is this going to be? I'm assuming a replacement door & frame will need to be ordered & installed under warranty, providing that it's not the hole itself that's cut misshapenly - in which case I don't even want to imagine. Thanks much for the help!
    Matt & Danielle
    2022 F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
    2022 Solitude 382WB-R, 8k Morryde IS/Disc, DPW, FBP, 5.5kw Onan, 1kAh BB, Victron MPii 2x120
    Engineer, Cattle Rancher/Grass Farmer, Aviator

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try putting a straight edge or a level to see if that door is warped. If warped it will mostlikely be replaced. Call GD and they'll make it right.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    Try putting a straight edge or a level to see if that door is warped. If warped it will mostlikely be replaced. Call GD and they'll make it right.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the level idea! The door has a massive warp and GDRV has already started the replacement process.
    Matt & Danielle
    2022 F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
    2022 Solitude 382WB-R, 8k Morryde IS/Disc, DPW, FBP, 5.5kw Onan, 1kAh BB, Victron MPii 2x120
    Engineer, Cattle Rancher/Grass Farmer, Aviator