Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cabinet & fake wood cleaning

I sure this info is here somewhere but I have not found it exactly. We just bought a very lightly used 2019 337rls and are wondering what people find best to clean the cabinets and fake wood. We were considering just using Murphys Oil Soap but open to suggestions.

Thanks,
    Retired Firefighter/HVO IAFF Local 2000
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 CCDRW

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cabinet finishes in our 2016 Reflection seemed to be a water-based acrylic stain with another water-based seal over them. Be very careful and test whatever you're going to use on a spot that's not normally visible. I wouldn't use anything with an oil in it. We usually just wiped down with a damp rag when needed.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any good cleaner like Murphy’s, 409 etc. will work fine. If the stain is missing you can get those stain pens at Lowes or Home Depot you my have to mix a couple to get the right color. I took a door from my rig into my paint store and they did a color match for me, the only problem with that is you may have to buy a full quart or gallon of the stain. After you stain the areas you can get a rag and wipe a good water based polyurethane on the surfaces and it should look as good as new. Just make sure to get the right sheen for your rig, most are satin finish. What a lot of people don’t realize is the new water based polyurethane is is as tough or tougher than the old oil based products. We have been using water based poly on floors for the last 10 years or more and it holds up very well. It takes sand paper with aluminum oxide in it to remove it, a lot of the new engineered floor products have multiple coats of it on them and they have 10 and 15 year warranties. I contacted Grand Design and asked them if they could give me the stain color and manufacture but they had no clue. I even ask if they sold small cans of the stain and they said they didn’t offer them. They sent me to a web site that sold the stain pens. Good luck.
    2020 303RLS
    2018 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    BW Companion
    Retired and loving it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. We just want to keep it as nice a possible we just sold a 9yo Cyclone that still looked great inside and want this one to be the same.

Mike
    Retired Firefighter/HVO IAFF Local 2000
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 CCDRW

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Howards Feed and Wax on both surfaces , so far so good
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/