User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. My DW was unaware that I went outside to empty black tank. I opened the black tank valve and turned on the tank flush hose. At that very moment the sewer hose came loose from the ground connection and human waste was spewing out everywhere. I immediately closed the black tank valve and ran to reconnect the sewer hose, never thinking that the flush tank hose was still running. My DW, not knowing what was happening to me outside, decides to take a number 2 in the toilet, then flush. BaBoom!! My daughter screams for me to come inside. The tank flush built up enough pressure in the black tank to completely cover the entire bathroom, walls, ceiling and my DW with what just was the contents of the toilet! I knew I was in trouble when I seen corn kernels stuck in my DW's hair. lmao! Much cleaning, long hot shower and everything was good again. It is now a funny campfire story. Lessons learned, never get distracted when tank flush hose is on and make sure everyone knows when your emptying the black tank.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing to me that GD puts the city water and black tank flush hookups together in the bay in some trailers. Perhaps for those of you who have a setup like this, it's worth swapping one to a quick-release so that it's not possible to mix them up without deliberate effort. Poka yoke the connections for all you former mfg folks.
    Chris, Tara, our two daughters, and our dog Slate full-timing
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 Chevrolet Tahoe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    Just for fun I looked up a water pressure table and it turns out that the top of the vent pipe 8ft above the toilet is about 26 psi. That's enough to make things interesting.
    I'm not sure what table you found, but that number is way off. 8 foot of water head is around 3.5 psi, not 26!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .43 psi per foot.
    3.5 psi checks out.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 GD Momentum 397TH
    Considering a 395
    99 Ford F-250, 7.3, 6-speed.
    22 Ford F-450
    Former Fulltimers, now just using toy hauler to go to Motocross Races and Mountain Bike parks.
    Va Beach, VA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123