Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The examiner for my Class A license looked very closely at the hitch, breakaway cable, etc., and checked all the lights on the trailer before we pulled out for the driving test. He also looked at the weight stickers on both the truck and trailer. This was at the El Paso northwest location. Perhaps he was just one of those by-the-book people, but you never know who you're going to run up against.

Rob
    That's why I said it that way. I was so over prepared for my test and it was over in a short trip. Gotta love the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    ^^The problem is that the DMV employees are just as confused about RV license requirements as the customers are. Hence the answers and license requirements needed are all based on interpretation by each individual DMV employee. Some know, some think they know and some just make s**t up as they go along. It’s highly unlikely the air brake test requirement was actually required but the misinformed employee decided it was and that’s it; your screwed.
    Air brakes are definitely not required. Unless that changed since March of '21.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The examiner for my Class A license looked very closely at the hitch, breakaway cable, etc., and checked all the lights on the trailer before we pulled out for the driving test. He also looked at the weight stickers on both the truck and trailer. This was at the El Paso northwest location. Perhaps he was just one of those by-the-book people, but you never know who you're going to run up against.

Rob
    I had exactly the same experience when I took my class A exempt test. The tester examined my tow vehicle sticker, trailer sticker, hitch, tires and we did a light test before leaving on the test. She was very thorough.

This was at the Georgetown Texas DMV. I highly recommend taking your class A exempt test there. They understand 5Th wheels and don’t give you any run around.
    Last edited by Cenerus; 03-23-2022 at 07:23 PM. Reason: More info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12