User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tpms

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TST 507 here. My biggest issue with any of the valve stem sensors is the temperature function. Unless the sensor is inside the tire, how can you get a meaningful temperature reading when the sensor is spinning in air?
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use this. The only negative (which turns out to be a positive) is that the the high limit is 87 PSI. I see it as a positive since it alarms when I drive a short time as the pressure and temp increase. Then I know it's working. When I check the pressure with my gauge I have found them to be very accurate. It comes with a repeater, and I like the small solar powered display that is right in front of me so that I don't have to run yet another app on my phone. I also installed metal valve stems when I replaced my tires.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    I use this. The only negative (which turns out to be a positive) is that the the high limit is 87 PSI. I see it as a positive since it alarms when I drive a short time as the pressure and temp increase. Then I know it's working. When I check the pressure with my gauge I have found them to be very accurate. It comes with a repeater, and I like the small solar powered display that is right in front of me so that I don't have to run yet another app on my phone. I also installed metal valve stems when I replaced my tires.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Hmm, a low, or failing, tire can create heat that can raise the pressure beyond normal limits though. When your highest pressure is reached at normal usage, how do you determine if the pressure has gone beyond the norm?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Hmm, a low, or failing, tire can create heat that can raise the pressure beyond normal limits though. When your highest pressure is reached at normal usage, how do you determine if the pressure has gone beyond the norm?
    It is not a problem. It still reads and displays pressure and temps above the alarm thresholds, it's just that the high alarm limit is set at 87 PSI.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the EEZ TPMS system for over 5 years now. Works great, and most likely saved me an expensive repair, when one of the tires on my last trailer started going flat on the road.

One thing to know, either use a metal valve steam, or it you can not (not all trailer rims can use them), they have a metal sleeve at most auto stores, or tire stores that you can put over the rubber steam. If you do not, the flexing of the TPMS on the valve with cause it to crack.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 03-03-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    It is not a problem. It still reads and displays pressure and temps above the alarm thresholds, it's just that the high alarm limit is set at 87 PSI.
    Gotcha, not as good as an alarm, but it would work.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Times 2 on previous comments on the TST 507, have had the system in place for about a year on our Solitude 372WBR with no issues, mount the monitor on the extreme left side of the dash, creates no vision obstruction, easy to glance at periodically while towing, and reminds me to check tire pressure on trailer tires before each departure. Very pleased overall, pricey, yes, worth it, absolutely.
    Greg & Twyla Gossler
    2019 GD Solitude 372WB - Gen Y GH 8040 Pin Box
    2022 Ford F 350 Lariat CC - DRW - PowerStroke - 8' Bed 4 x 4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the TST system last year. I like system a lot. I had posted a thread asking opinions myself before buying. Take a lookhttps://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...choose-and-why
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the TST system. No complaints with operation of the system, and no need to use a repeater with our 337 RLS. But the color monitor is hard to read on top of the dash.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
    I have the TST system. No complaints with operation of the system, and no need to use a repeater with our 337 RLS. But the color monitor is hard to read on top of the dash.
    I mounted our monitor on the passenger side window in the upper corner. It's now my wife's responsibility to keep an eye on it, but I can easily see it also.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast