User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tpms

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on my second TST system and have had good luck with both. The one thing that concerns me is that I've read there is a pretty good lag time between a sudden loss of tire pressure and getting that info transmitted to the monitor. I need to experiment with it and see if true.

Before buying my second TST system last year, I looked closely at the TireMinder. I think it has some real advantages in displaying all 4 tires, as well as costing a little less. Lots of positive comments on this and other forums.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I'm on my second TST system and have had good luck with both. The one thing that concerns me is that I've read there is a pretty good lag time between a sudden loss of tire pressure and getting that info transmitted to the monitor. I need to experiment with it and see if true.

Before buying my second TST system last year, I looked closely at the TireMinder. I think it has some real advantages in displaying all 4 tires, as well as costing a little less. Lots of positive comments on this and other forums.
    You've misinterpreted what you've heard: the "pretty good lag time" is between the loss of signal from the sensor to the monitor. It reacts almost instantly to a loss of pressure, it just takes about an hour for the monitor to realize it has lost the signal from the sensor. I have heard that the new monitor works a bit differently, but I don't know that for a fact.

The best way to find out is to drive away from the trailer/tire sensors, and see how long it takes for the monitor to alert you to a loss of signal. If you do, please report back, I'm very curious about the outcome. TIA.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Tireminder Trailer system. I love that it shows all four tires temp and pressure simultaneously, and that it's battery is recharged through it's built-in solar panel. But it's limited to 70psi tires.
    https://www.minderresearch.com/produ...-for-trailers/

Due to battery limitations, the sensors only check in with the monitor once every 30 minutes. The monitor waits for two missed "check-ins" before it comes up with a sensor missing error. So if your sensor falls off, or in my case the whole wheel falls off, it could be up to an hour later that the TPMS monitor shows the missing error.
    To have the sensors check in every minute or so, the batteries would be dead within a week.
    They will check in immediately if there is temperature or pressure threshold met.
    2017 F150 Lariat 3.5 EB
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

retired: 2016 Starcraft 19BHS & 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you use the search function on the forum, you'll find a lot of threads on TPMS systems with what people are using and what they like/dislike about them. We've been using a TireMinder A1A system for 6-1/2 years, now, and have been happy with it.

Rob
    I have used the same for about the same amount of time and have no issues. I do one other thing as well, I have a temp gun that I use to hit the hub of each wheel around the same area to see if all are running the same temp within reasonable degrees, every time I stop. I do this to get a heads up on a bearing issue that will show up and carry the parts to do a bearing replacement on the road is needed. I lost an axle once due to a poor bearing packing job by Camping World, and learned the hard way. Find a good mechanic or pack them yourself. A TPMS will give you the inside tire air temp, but I feel I can head a bearing issue earlier with the hub temp. You will see that should one side of the RV be in the sun for a significant amount of time, the hub temp on one side will be hotter than the other side. Once you leave with one RV and have to come home with a different RV (dexter was going to take 12 weeks to get me a new axle), you get a little uptight..
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    So, I'm considering adding a TPMS "cap" system and find them priced from $60 to $300 on Amazon. I usually go with "you get what you pay for" but this is a pretty wide range, just wondering what is the consensus of TPMS owners? What do you like/dislike about the TPMS you have? Does anyone have experience with the inexpensive offerings online?

Thanks for input
    I just got the Gupta TPMS and works great and very responsible price from Amazon
    2016 Chevy Silverado 3500HD SB 6.6 Diesel
    2019 Solitude S-Class 3350RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchase a TST 500 series 3 years ago…..it works, saved our bacon once already and would purchase it again

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After blowouts and insurance claims we finally changes to Carlisle tires. At the same time I chose EEZ-Tire for all 10 tires. With the long Solitude I tried the first two trips without a repeater but soon added the $35 repeater inside the front boot of the 5er. I have never lost a signal since.

The Eez-Tire system is competitive with the other brands but I can drive all the way from Michigan to Florida and back (2-days each way) and not have to even charge the receiver. I remove the sensor batteries if we're going to be sitting for a couple of months. My batteries usually last more than 12 months this way.

On enlightening thing I found is that the tires on our Solitude gain about 25 Psi within the first 60-90 minutes of highway in cooler weather. They gain up to 35 Psi in hot weather. Now I don't EVER let them go above their rated max pressure, hot or. cold!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    After blowouts and insurance claims we finally changes to Carlisle tires. At the same time I chose EEZ-Tire for all 10 tires. With the long Solitude I tried the first two trips without a repeater but soon added the $35 repeater inside the front boot of the 5er. I have never lost a signal since.

The Eez-Tire system is competitive with the other brands but I can drive all the way from Michigan to Florida and back (2-days each way) and not have to even charge the receiver. I remove the sensor batteries if we're going to be sitting for a couple of months. My batteries usually last more than 12 months this way.

On enlightening thing I found is that the tires on our Solitude gain about 25 Psi within the first 60-90 minutes of highway in cooler weather. They gain up to 35 Psi in hot weather. Now I don't EVER let them go above their rated max pressure, hot or. cold!
    I also have the EEZ system. I leave the batteries in the sensors, don't take them out for the winter. I changed the batteries after three years, even though they were still working, just because.

My last trailer was metal and 30', I had to use a repeater for a reliable signal. My current 36' fiberglass trailer, no repeater needed.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the Tire Minder i10 at the rally in Goshen last year and it works very well. The only problem I have had is the setting of the baseline pressure. I was getting hi pressure alerts so be sure to use the baseline pressure equal to your actual cold inflation pressure.

But I have had the valve stems fail on both rear tires of the truck during the first week or two of using it. The stems (high pressure rubber/metal) were almost two years old or perhaps the tire shop didn't change them last time I bought tires.

So, I'm looking for all metal stems now for the trailer and truck. Does anyone know where to get them. I have the bore and recess diameters for the Lionshead Jaguar wheels that came on my 303RLS if anybody needs them. Does anyone have stem dimensions for Chevy truck wheels (alloy). Thanks.
    Last edited by Johnrb; 03-10-2022 at 06:37 AM.
    John & Nadine Bagby
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrb View Post
    I bought the Tire Minder i10 at the rally in Goshen last year and it works very well. The only problem I have had is the setting of the baseline pressure. I was getting hi pressure alerts so be sure to use the baseline pressure equal to your actual cold inflation pressure.

But I have had the valve stems fail on both rear tires of the truck during the first week or two of using it. The stems (high pressure rubber/metal) were almost two years old or perhaps the tire shop didn't change them last time I bought tires.

So, I'm looking for all metal stems now for the trailer and truck. Does anyone know where to get them. I have the bore and recess diameters for the Lionshead Jaguar wheels that came on my 303RLS if anybody needs them. Does anyone have stem dimensions for Chevy truck wheels (alloy). Thanks.
    Not sure if your rims will take a metal air valve, if the don't, most tire stores and auto parts stores have a metal sleeve you can buy that goes over the rubber air valve, and will solve your problem. I had the same problem with my last trailer, no metal air valve would fit, so I had to use the sleeve, worked great.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast