User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tpms

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have this system https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086TWM99S Works well, and I just ordered 2 extra sensors for a second trailer (double tow). I haven't had to use the extender that comes with it, but I'm guessing I'll need it with the second trailer. It does cycle through the tires as others have stated, but the text is nice and big when displayed, and you can set up high/low pressure and temperature warnings. I typically don't pay attention to it unless there's a warning. Too many other things to pay attention to while driving.
    Dan & Taren
    2018 337RLS
    2008 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrb View Post
    I bought the Tire Minder i10 at the rally in Goshen last year and it works very well. The only problem I have had is the setting of the baseline pressure. I was getting hi pressure alerts so be sure to use the baseline pressure equal to your actual cold inflation pressure.

But I have had the valve stems fail on both rear tires of the truck during the first week or two of using it. The stems (high pressure rubber/metal) were almost two years old or perhaps the tire shop didn't change them last time I bought tires.

So, I'm looking for all metal stems now for the trailer and truck. Does anyone know where to get them. I have the bore and recess diameters for the Lionshead Jaguar wheels that came on my 303RLS if anybody needs them. Does anyone have stem dimensions for Chevy truck wheels (alloy). Thanks.
    I put these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 on my wheels before adding the TST caps. They hold up really well, and you don't need to dismount the tires to install them. When you pull the rubber valve stem out there is a good chance that the rubber bulb on the end will be left inside the tire. It's rubber so it is not a problem. I have used them for a year now with no issue. You can Google them, Youtube them, and go to their Web site for more info. They have been used for years in off road racing. There are other brands out there also.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased the TireMinder system with 4 transmitters and a booster. Question, do you permanently mount the booster at the battery or remove after each trip?
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC210 View Post
    We just purchased the TireMinder system with 4 transmitters and a booster. Question, do you permanently mount the booster at the battery or remove after each trip?
    During the camping season, I leave the booster near the battery, just not connected until I travel again. I leave the transmitters attached to the individual wheels all year. I do remove each one individually to check the tire pressure, but then place it right back on the tire. This way, I avoid having to relearn each transmitter to the individual tire it is attached to. I carry spare batteries should one need to be replaced.

At one time, in the beginning, I removed them and then put them back on the wheels. While I got readings, the readings I was looking at on the control were not for the actual tires attached. After that experience, I would remove them after camping season and go thru the learning process the beginning of the following year. I then determined that was no reason to remove them from their assigned tires. The battery will weaken regardless of attachment. I found this works well.

Enjoy and safe travels.

Question: are you getting periodic notices regarding various user questions/problems? I have not received one for months.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last trailer, I permanently mounted the booster in the battery box, with a separate on/off switch on the outside of the box.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    My last trailer, I permanently mounted the booster in the battery box, with a separate on/off switch on the outside of the box.
    Great idea!! Safe travels...
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok ours is connected directly to the battery. We do have a true battery disconnect right at the battery. So we when it's stored it can't drain the batteries along with all the other parasitic draws. I do like the idea of a switch for it for when we boondock.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    During the camping season, I leave the booster near the battery, just not connected until I travel again. I leave the transmitters attached to the individual wheels all year. I do remove each one individually to check the tire pressure, but then place it right back on the tire. This way, I avoid having to relearn each transmitter to the individual tire it is attached to. I carry spare batteries should one need to be replaced.

At one time, in the beginning, I removed them and then put them back on the wheels. While I got readings, the readings I was looking at on the control were not for the actual tires attached. After that experience, I would remove them after camping season and go thru the learning process the beginning of the following year. I then determined that was no reason to remove them from their assigned tires. The battery will weaken regardless of attachment. I found this works well.

Enjoy and safe travels.

Question: are you getting periodic notices regarding various user questions/problems? I have not received one for months.
    Thanks Terry. And yes I am getting notices.
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wired my booster to the trailer parking lights and then mounted to the trailer hitch. I typically run with my parking lights on anyway for my camera system, so it kinda made sense to have the booster turn on/off with the lights as well.
    Dan & Taren
    2018 337RLS
    2008 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonygoncalves View Post
    I have the Tireminder Trailer system. I love that it shows all four tires temp and pressure simultaneously, and that it's battery is recharged through it's built-in solar panel. But it's limited to 70psi tires.
    https://www.minderresearch.com/produ...-for-trailers/

Due to battery limitations, the sensors only check in with the monitor once every 30 minutes. The monitor waits for two missed "check-ins" before it comes up with a sensor missing error. So if your sensor falls off, or in my case the whole wheel falls off, it could be up to an hour later that the TPMS monitor shows the missing error.
    To have the sensors check in every minute or so, the batteries would be dead within a week.
    They will check in immediately if there is temperature or pressure threshold met.
    @tonygoncalves I'm looking at that same system for 23LDE Wondering how yours has worked since this post a year ago. Amazon deal now for ~$120
    2022 GD Imagine XLS 23LDE T/T
    2018 Silverado 4x4 LT 5.3L Gas, Curt TruTrack 10k hitch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast