User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Cellular Provider?

I'm thinking changing my cellular provider (Verizon) and I was wondering what provider that you folks use. Vz's customer service is just terrible, they keep making errors on my account and they just raised my bill $83 per month! I was looking at some of the resellers like Consumer Cellular, but I uncertain how their coverage is. So what carrier or provider do you use and how do you find their coverage and service?

Your help is appreciated!

Bob

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I'm thinking changing my cellular provider (Verizon) and I was wondering what provider that you folks use. Vz's customer service is just terrible, they keep making errors on my account and they just raised my bill $83 per month! I was looking at some of the resellers like Consumer Cellular, but I uncertain how their coverage is. So what carrier or provider do you use and how do you find their coverage and service?

Your help is appreciated!

Bob
    Visible wireless. They are owned by Verizon and operate on Verizon towers. $25.00 a month for unlimited talk, text and data....and the big one for me...unlimited mobile hotspot data...which means that you can stream as much Netflix etc as you want to your internet capable tv.

Been on the road now two months with it. Flawless.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AT&T -- it sucks.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Visible wireless. They are owned by Verizon and operate on Verizon towers. $25.00 a month for unlimited talk, text and data....and the big one for me...unlimited mobile hotspot data...which means that you can stream as much Netflix etc as you want to your internet capable tv.

I also recommend Visible and have one with a portable router as a hotspot in the camper. My primary phone is a Verizon phone through work or I would be using the Visible as my phone. My wife has purtalk on AT&T as in a few locations it has better coverage.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had heard that about AT&T.

I had never heard of Visible! So I looked up some info. They give unlimited talk, text and data, however, they cap the 4G LTE speeds around 8-12Mbps and the 5G data at 200Mbps. Is this an issue? 8-12Mbps doesn't too bad, but I don't know.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not had any streaming issues on Visible when Verizon has adequate bandwidth. In busy areas it can slow down a lot, when it does my Verizon work phone has the same issues.

I have not tried but I doubt if you will be able to stream to multiple TVs or 4K programs with Visible. We almost never do either of those at home and can live with that on the road.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I had heard that about AT&T.

I had never heard of Visible! So I looked up some info. They give unlimited talk, text and data, however, they cap the 4G LTE speeds around 8-12Mbps and the 5G data at 200Mbps. Is this an issue? 8-12Mbps doesn't too bad, but I don't know.
    That is old info. They no longer throttle speeds, except for wifi hotspot...and 5g...which is capped at 500 mbps.

Hot spot is unlimited at 5 mbps. Not 4g streaming, but quite acceptable compared to no streaming at all or a crazy bill. Pretty much standard dvd quality. You can be "deprioritized" in areas of heavy traffic...but I have not noticed any issues.

I routinely get 4g at 50+ mbps, and 5 g whenever I am in 5g territory. For me it's perfect...zero complaints.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in Maine and recently switched to Spectrum Mobile. I'm not sure if it is available everywhere, but it uses Verizon towers and I've had good signal so far in New England.
    2018 Ram 2500 CTD
    2020 Reflection 260RD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is old info. They no longer throttle speeds, except for wifi hotspot...and 5g...which is capped at 500 mbps.

Hot spot is unlimited at 5 mbps. Not 4g streaming, but quite acceptable compared to no streaming at all or a crazy bill. Pretty much standard dvd quality. You can be "deprioritized" in areas of heavy traffic...but I have not noticed any issues.

I routinely get 4g at 50+ mbps, and 5 g whenever I am in 5g territory. For me it's perfect...zero complaints.

Like the others we have used Visible for Travel internet for 1.5 years.
    We stream a LOT of tv and have no complaints. Matter of fact
    we switched our 2 personal phones from AT&T to Visible.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that this is old info, I its from a review called "Visible Review: 5 Things To Know Before You Sign Up" dated February 7, 2022 (https://clark.com/cell-phones/visible-review/). To verify this info I started a chat session this morning with Visible and this is what they said when I asked if "Does Visible chokes or throttle data traffic"

does Visible choke of throttle data traffic?

Nice to see you Robert! I'm Connai, Visible's Digital Assistant.

We’re built for life on the go ��
    You'll typically experience 4G network speeds of 5-12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2-5 Mbps. Also, on specific devices and in certain locations, you'll experience 5G network speeds capped at 200 Mbps.

Video �� typically streams at a resolution of 480p - nice and crisp on your phone.

Heads up: when the network gets congested, your data could be slower than other traffic.

4G download speeds can be as high as 100Mbps, but I typically see form 25 Mbps to 50 Mbps in my area. So Visible is definitely choking the 4G data traffic at least that is what they are telling me. My wife and I both have fairly new phones and unfortunately they aren't 5G capable. We are satisfied with the 25 to 50 Mbps that we've been seeing, but 5 to 12 Mbps is just too slow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast