User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheet Metal Replacement

Does anyone have any experience replacing the sheet metal between the doors and over the wheel wells? We have a 3000QB and had a blowout on our way home from Florida a few days ago that took out the 15' section of aluminum with the plastic wheel well cover. The closest dealer is 85 miles away so I am looking at other options. I'm thinking someone that does aluminum siding could make the appropriate bends if I had the correct color aluminum. I have the damaged pieces that can be used as a template. I'm hoping I can find the plastic wheel well trim at Lippert. Any suggestions are welcome.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked the GD parts lookup? See https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup It looks like all of the parts can be ordered from your dealer, probably they could be shipped directly to you.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Have you checked the GD parts lookup? See https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup It looks like all of the parts can be ordered from your dealer, probably they could be shipped directly to you.
    Grand Design does sell direct to owners so no need to go through dealer. Shipping is going to be expensive on parts that large.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy replacement but typical residential coil stock isn't going to work.

The freight from GD will be a fortune as they come crated. Dealer is only option for freight reduction IF they have a big order coming. Trust me, I've paid the freight from several manufacturers to replace the J-wrap.

A shop that does commercial metal work can get the right gauge of material and make the simple bends, but finishing aluminum isn't cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Thanks, it looks like they have what I need listed. I may have to talk with someone to make sure on some of the sheet metal pieces.
    Evan & Mary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is looking like pickup from the dealer might be the best choice. I'm trying to do as much homework as I can before calling.
    Evan & Mary