User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to put dog bowls?

I'm signing for my 2018 Imagine 2250RK on Friday and I'm FT, stationary, with my dog. Mine has theater dinette instead of dinette booth. I'll eventually travel but can't for now.

I'm trying to find a rectangular stainless steel or glass dish for my dog's water, but none can be found that won't tip over. I'm thinking outside of the box looking at bakeware and gardening supplies but don't want galvanized metal because it can leech zinc and lead into the water. I won't use plastic and am trying to avoid ceramic though I might go that route.

Any ideas where to find a dish big enough for a large dog's daily water requirements?

And where in the heck am I going to put it? It may have to go at the foot of the bed.
    Attachment 39237
    Last edited by sunshinenv; 03-06-2022 at 10:50 AM.
    2018 Imagine 2250RK: Floorplan Pic
    Theater dinette instead of standard dinette.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where you'll put it but one of theese would hold plenty of water. https://www.amazon.com/Neater-Feeder...002A2QUAA?th=1

We have 3 dogs and fill both bowls with water , lasts a good deal of the day. Added bonus when it gets kicked the water lands and drains to the lower section instead of onto the floor.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 03-11-2022 at 06:44 AM. Reason: took out the nnnnnnn
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that idea! I'm not a fan of the elevated feeder but I could chop the legs off just below the holding tray. It's expensive but looks like what I should get. Thanks!

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshinenv View Post
    I love that idea! I'm not a fan of the elevated feeder but I could chop the legs off just below the holding tray. It's expensive but looks like what I should get. Thanks!

I think those legs are an add on, we don't have the extended legs. But the design could have changed slightly, our feeder is about 8 yrs old. Our old Aussie was a messy girl and this feeder was a great solution. I happened upon it at some out of the way store on a roadtrip and didn't think twice about getting it.

It's really nice not having a puddle from either the dogs or us kicking it. No matter where it sits it'll get kicked by someome.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now the bowls fit well at the bathroom cupboard area under the window. But my dog won't go inside the newer RV on his own. I don't want to force him. I guess I'll just let him sleep outside tonight. I'll leave the door open with lights off and furnace and fireplace off. Let him get used to the idea of going inside where his bed, water, and food are. I work nights, so when I get home in the morning maybe he'll be happy enough to see me he'll follow me inside.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two dogs... a lab and a puggle. This is what we use. It's a round metal bowl. Holds 6 cups of water. works fine for us, because when it's empty, lab doggie likes to carry it around.

We keep it on a mat that soaks water (from Bed Bath & Beyond) because she's a messy drinker! Which is also on top of a small area rug, to soley pick up any other "drippings".

We keep it in the only corner of our Solitude.... the corner that connects the fireplace and sofa.

https://www.target.com/p/non-skid-st...07#lnk=sametab
    Last edited by lcallander; 03-11-2022 at 08:48 PM.
    2019 Ford F350 Diesel Dually
    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GKR
    1 Chocolate Lab, 1 Puggle
    We're like kids, but with credit cards and truck keys!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on my dog... He's finally comfortable coming inside. He looks so sad or guilty when I leave and come back from work. Poor thing.

I still like where I put the dog bowls near the bathroom sink at that awkward skinny cupboard space under the window. It's out of the way except when he's eating or drinking and I'm heading to the bathroom or bedroom. He takes up the entire area. Haha

I'm struggling with where to put the big bag of dog food [emoji23]. I might have to portion it out I to a smaller bin and store it in the pantry then refill it. I wonder how hot the passthrough storage gets in the summer? Might have to get a thermometer. I could store the big bag in there.

I need to fix the bottom shelf in the pantry. It is busted on the left corner. Need to get a 1 inch by 1 inch block of wood or a small L bracket to secure it.

Also found that the glass stove cover is missing the top/front half of the glass. I don't know how I didn't notice it during the walkthrough. Unfortunately that's an expensive replacement. $170.

One of the theater sofa arms is disconnected from the rest of the sofa on the front side, need to figure out how to reattach it.

The trailer seems unlevel to itself. I originally leveled it front to back via the living room kitchen area. Ok cool, it's fine, I thought. Nope... Bathroom and bedroom are sloped upward. Ooookay... I'll re-level it using the bathroom. Not sure why it would be different from the rear to the front of the trailer unless there's a frame problem. I might have to call in a mobile tech to go check it out. The Schwinntech (sp?) slide is mildly off level left to right and seems to rub on the left side as it goes in and out. Maybe just needs cleaned and lubed.

I'm slowly cleaning and trying to movey things I to this trailer. I've been so tired lately that I'm taking a long time to get anything done.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a tri fold sofa bed, there is enough room under the couch for a 30 lb bag of dog food or 2. We store extra dog food when road tripping under there as well as bedding for the sofa.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    If you have a tri fold sofa bed, there is enough room under the couch for a 30 lb bag of dog food or 2. We store extra dog food when road tripping under there as well as bedding for the sofa.
    I don't. It's the "theater dinette" which is just a theater sofa with a front slot for a dinette table attachment. There's room to put the bag on one side of the bed. I plan to put a thin laundry basket there. I can put the bag of food there, too. It just means I have to move them when I change the sheets. Though there might be room behind the sofa since it has to be away from the rear wall a bit to fully recline. Hmm...

I'm slowly moving my things into this RV from the old one. Taking my time figuring out which things to keep and which to sell or donate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your dog is hesitant to go into your RV, get a piece of message board (I got mine from a sign shop), spray paint it black. Cut it to fit behind your steps into the RV. Dogs don't like to see through the steps.
    The black board blocks their view through the steps and gives them the confidence to walk up the steps.
    Ours just lays behind the steps, supported by the step brace, and I remove it when we leave a campsite. Hope this helps so your dog can enjoy the new feeder bowls.
    BobV44
    With my wife, Pam and Golden Doodle, Bella
    2020 Ford F250
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast