User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Input requested on removing carpet from 311BHS slide and master bedroom

DW and I are looking to go full time next year and are looking very closely at the 311BHS. The one thing the wife HATES is the carpet, so much so that if the carpet cannot be replaced with laminate flooring, the 311BHS is out of the running. So I'm taking to the GD forums in hopes to find out:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	311BHS_0.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	626.2 KB 
ID:	39251
    A) Can the carpet under the TRI-FOLD Sofa be replaced with laminate flooring or is the carpet required for the slide mechanism to work correctly?
    B) Can the carpet in the master bedroom be replaced as well? Here there is a wardrobe slide which I assume is a shwintech (spelling?) slide and I understand those can be finicky.
    C) If you have done this, please share a link to your renovation, please. I did use the search but the results I found were all suggestions rather than "Here is how I did it" kind of thing. I'm looking for how people did it.

Thanks in advance and I hope to be a fellow GD RVer soon!

Reference:
    URL: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...orplans/311bhs
    Floor Plan Image: https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...?itok=4EsgR_1q

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see some photos of what folks have done too if they replaced their carpet. We considered replacing ours but don't line the marine-like look of what a lot of manufacturers are using. We would prefer some vinyl (linoleum?) like the main floor.

The carpet is NOT need for the slides to work properly. So it is safe to replace it.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The carpeting in the slide boxes is generally to help cut down noise and add some minor insulation value. Slides work find with or without. Just a matter of the reveal edge transition. GD took a lot more carpet out of the recent builds and perhaps closer to what you want can be had. Talk to a rep.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    The carpeting in the slide boxes is generally to help cut down noise and add some minor insulation value. Slides work find with or without. Just a matter of the reveal edge transition. GD took a lot more carpet out of the recent builds and perhaps closer to what you want can be had. Talk to a rep.
    I hadn't thought about talking directly with a rep, that's a good suggestion. The local dealership looked at us like we were buffoons for wanting no carpet... I mean after all they had the exact model there on the lot and were more than happy to sell it to us!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever find an answer? I despise carpet in the best of circumstances and I'd really like to get rid of the carpet under my slide out dinette.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
    Did you ever find an answer? I despise carpet in the best of circumstances and I'd really like to get rid of the carpet under my slide out dinette.
    Hello @Lorraine, looks like you're fairly new here, welcome aboard. This is a pretty old thread and the OP hasn't been back since then. You might try starting a new thread of your own. Pictures help a lot. Which coach do you have?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought a new 2022 311BHS and the carpet under the sofa will be easy to replace. We took out the sofa and added a desk as I am a full ride remote employee. There is no pad under it so it is a matter of ripping it up once you get the sofa out. The bedroom has very little carpet on the floor but it does go up the walls. I attached some images of what ours looks like. The transitions like previously mentioned will be important to get right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0041.jpg   IMG_0040.jpg   IMG_0039.jpg   IMG_0038.jpg