User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    MoonShadow, I would love to do it now but I'm afraid that they want be able to get it to me in time I leave on March 28th.
    On my 320MKS, it took me about 3 hours. The first 1.5 his was relocating the propane line and figuring out how to do the first one. The last 1.5 hours was the other 3. If you have help, it'll go much faster.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, man, I am tempted on order them for my rig but I'm afraid I want get them in time before we leave, we will probably be gone for at least 30 days or more. I had went out to my 5th wheel to see which one do I need if only I can be sure that I will get them in time, I just might go back to the website and see what's theirs shipping timeline.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned do a search. From time to time I have posted discount codes when they became available. From experience they are a highly recommended upgrade.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I will be keeping an eye out on these.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not much help to you at the moment, they usually have a good discount around black friday. I got mine in early December last year for 20 or 25% off?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an interesting comparison. Sumo Springs vs Timbren.
    https://www.truckspring.com/timbren-...0are%20desired.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I have Sumo Springs on both my 320MKS 5ver and my F350 Crewcab with an 8' bed. Best improvement on towing so far.

My 2021 F-350 sags a tad bit more than I think it should with a 4,300lb payload rating. I suspect it is the heavy-duty front suspension (came with the truck unfortunately). When you hook up to your rig is the truck resting on the sumo springs, or only making contact on bumps?
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    My 2021 F-350 sags a tad bit more than I think it should with a 4,300lb payload rating. I suspect it is the heavy-duty front suspension (came with the truck unfortunately). When you hook up to your rig is the truck resting on the sumo springs, or only making contact on bumps?
    I purchased the heavier Sumo Springs, did the truck sits on them all the time. It's a rougher ride without the trailer, but with the trailer, it's a dream.

If you purchase the lighter Sumo Springs, they should not rest on the bumps when unloaded, then, when loaded, they should rest on them and depending on the load, it could compress them. When in contact with the Sumo Springs and under load, the springs do absorb more of the impacts and vibrations from the road, and provide a much more stable platform. Much less side to side rolling or swaying.

EDIT: Added pictures. The first one is the rear and the second one is the front. (Not sure why they didn't show up the first time.)

Attachment 39534Attachment 39535
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 03-21-2022 at 07:43 AM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I have been looking for ways to improve the ride of my trailer when towing it. I've read about upgrading the equalizers, but I am unsure if my trailer (Transend 26RLS) can accommodate this "extra" wheel travel. MorRyde seems to be the only company that has a document that helps you figure out if the CRE-3000s will fit. They say to start off with your trailer on level ground and they say that you need at least 3" of clearance between the tires and bottom of the trailer. Unfortunately my trailer is not sitting on perfectly level ground right now, but its close. When I measure the clearance between the tires and bottom of the trailer, I get anywhere between 1-1/2" and 3", which I don't think is enough. I'll remeasure when its on perfectly level ground, but I expect it to be somewhere between the two measurements, so NOT the 3" that they require. If Dexter or Lippert also have a similar document for their products I just can't find it. So needless to say I don't know if this is option for me. I also question about how much actual improvement I'll see.

During my search, I stumbled on to SumoSprings and I was wondering what you folks think of them.
    Timbren springs for the truck (they don't change the ride when there is no load), Bilstein shocks on the truck to dampen oscillation and Sumo springs or shocks on the trailer. That's been my winning combination along with a good dampening pin box. Before all of these additions, towing a heavy fifth wheel over highway expansion gaps etc. was not much fun.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Timbren springs for the truck (they don't change the ride when there is no load), Bilstein shocks on the truck to dampen oscillation and Sumo springs or shocks on the trailer. That's been my winning combination along with a good dampening pin box. Before all of these additions, towing a heavy fifth wheel over highway expansion gaps etc. was not much fun.

DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast