User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SumoSprings anyone?

I have been looking for ways to improve the ride of my trailer when towing it. I've read about upgrading the equalizers, but I am unsure if my trailer (Transend 26RLS) can accommodate this "extra" wheel travel. MorRyde seems to be the only company that has a document that helps you figure out if the CRE-3000s will fit. They say to start off with your trailer on level ground and they say that you need at least 3" of clearance between the tires and bottom of the trailer. Unfortunately my trailer is not sitting on perfectly level ground right now, but its close. When I measure the clearance between the tires and bottom of the trailer, I get anywhere between 1-1/2" and 3", which I don't think is enough. I'll remeasure when its on perfectly level ground, but I expect it to be somewhere between the two measurements, so NOT the 3" that they require. If Dexter or Lippert also have a similar document for their products I just can't find it. So needless to say I don't know if this is option for me. I also question about how much actual improvement I'll see.

During my search, I stumbled on to SumoSprings and I was wondering what you folks think of them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those have been discussed many times, if you run a search you'll find a lot of good info.
    Some folks use them on both rig and truck and I haven't heard a bad report yet, FWIW.
    I did investigate last year, but they are kind of redundant on the 3500, but have considered putting a set on the rig one of these days.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I have been looking for ways to improve the ride of my trailer when towing it. I've read about upgrading the equalizers, but I am unsure if my trailer (Transend 26RLS) can accommodate this "extra" wheel travel. MorRyde seems to be the only company that has a document that helps you figure out if the CRE-3000s will fit. They say to start off with your trailer on level ground and they say that you need at least 3" of clearance between the tires and bottom of the trailer. Unfortunately my trailer is not sitting on perfectly level ground right now, but its close. When I measure the clearance between the tires and bottom of the trailer, I get anywhere between 1-1/2" and 3", which I don't think is enough. I'll remeasure when its on perfectly level ground, but I expect it to be somewhere between the two measurements, so NOT the 3" that they require. If Dexter or Lippert also have a similar document for their products I just can't find it. So needless to say I don't know if this is option for me. I also question about how much actual improvement I'll see.

During my search, I stumbled on to SumoSprings and I was wondering what you folks think of them.
    I have Sumo Springs on both my 320MKS 5ver and my F350 Crewcab with an 8' bed. Best improvement on towing so far.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about installing them on my 5th Wheel but I'm waiting the DW and I are going on a cross country trip at the end of this month so probably when we get back.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard lots of good feedback on them. Things like more stable in wind, and going over bumps that would normally 'toss' your trailer around. Never heard anybody say anything bad yet.
    I have two sets of the 'black -47' sumo springs ready to install on the 303 when the snow goes.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I was thinking about installing them on my 5th Wheel but I'm waiting the DW and I are going on a cross country trip at the end of this month so probably when we get back.
    If you can do it sooner than later, I think you'll appreciate it on your cross country trip.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have them on my truck and they help a lot. Installation was a piece of cake.
    Haven't decided if I want them on the trailer.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, what problem are you are trying to solve? Are you towing comfortable and your trailer is bouncing down the road or are you trying to improve the overall ride snd control in the cab while towing?
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To do it right I'd install a wet bolt kit, upgraded the equalizer like Dexters Equa Flex style and shocks. It'll ride like a Caddy. IMO Summo's would just make your tires part of the ride control. When the Summo's compact they put the extra support needed on the tires. With shocks on they will control the up and down movement and along with the upgraded equalizer will soften the ride naturally. The plastic bushings on the springs are junk after short usage and after a while will wear the holes out on the spring hangers causing more work. Wet bolts cure that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    If you can do it sooner than later, I think you'll appreciate it on your cross country trip.

MoonShadow, I would love to do it now but I'm afraid that they want be able to get it to me in time I leave on March 28th.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast