Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Furnace Control

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace Control

We have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB with a Furrion AC/furnace digital wall mounted temperature controlled thermostat. Its the thermostat that came with the camper. The 2600RB has one air conditioner. When in the heat mode I can only adjust the temp down to 60 degrees. If the room temp is 55 degrees the furnace will run and run, I'm guessing its trying to get the room temp to 60 degrees but we are burning up inside. It appears the thermostat isnt "reading" the room temp correctly. Are we doing something wrong or am I missing something in the operation of the thermostat control? Or is the thermostat working properly? We currently are manually turning the furnace on and off as necessary. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like something is wrong. Pull the thermostat cover and make sure the control wires are connected tightly to the proper terminal per the colors of the wires and letter symbols on the thermostat. If you don't find a problem there, I would suspect a bad thermostat.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search on this forum. There are lots of threads about the Furrion a/c/thermostat/ furnace and it's temp sensor.

Basically, if you pull the cover off the a/c unit on the inside, you can find the small thermistor and pull it down into the cabin area. It senses the heat and will work way better.

Have you used an actual thermometer to see what the actual inside temp is? When you say you are "burning up", I'm picturing 80 degrees....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is one of the ongoing threads.....

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rk-without-FAN
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campingfeen View Post
    We have a 2021 Imagine 2600RB with a Furrion AC/furnace digital wall mounted temperature controlled thermostat. Its the thermostat that came with the camper. The 2600RB has one air conditioner. When in the heat mode I can only adjust the temp down to 60 degrees. If the room temp is 55 degrees the furnace will run and run, I'm guessing its trying to get the room temp to 60 degrees but we are burning up inside. It appears the thermostat isnt "reading" the room temp correctly. Are we doing something wrong or am I missing something in the operation of the thermostat control? Or is the thermostat working properly? We currently are manually turning the furnace on and off as necessary. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Likely you have the Furrion A/C. Do search on this forum but here is a summary. The thermostat control doesn't have a thermistor in it. The thermistor (what senses the temperature) is in the a/c unit itself. The design is interesting only if you are always on shore power and the fan is on. This ensures that you will equalize the temperature throughout the whole coach. Heating especially.

The problem arises when boondocking and you can't run the fan in the a/c which is drawing 120volts ac to run. Indeed you will have issues getting the temperature to read correctly. I have called Furrion about this issue and for them...this is how the system was designed and is operating in accordance to the design. However it certainly doesn work as we expect. Call Grand Design customer service or go through your dealer (as I have). They will send you a thermistor kit that you can install or have installed. Not the most elegant solution as you need to disconnect current thermistor, hook this one up, and run the wire out to a sidewall of the coach where the temperature will be sensed at shoulder level. Placement of this thermistor is important though.

The other solution that many have adopted is to located the sensor (it is clearly labelled as room sensor) and pull it through the grille so that the head is in the room.

Unfortunately I think that both methods are a PITA. I wish I had the coleman a/c unit.

For all you reading this post. Furrion was an independent company and had struck a deal with Lippert for distribution of its products. In the fall of 2021 Lippert acquired Furrion and as we know Lippert supplies a lot of parts to the industry so I am sure that a modification of this will occur sometime in the future as this is a common complaint from those who dry camp.
    Last edited by Petrovsky; 03-23-2022 at 07:37 PM.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have or know of a video that will show me how to pull the termistor down through the a/c intake?
    I'm a visual learner!!

Thank you in advance.
    2021 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Ford F150

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you searched YouTube? There's all kinds of stuff over there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did Rob and couldn't find what I was looking for.
    Thank you.
    2021 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Ford F150

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get the kit from GD customer service, you may not have to run the wire that comes with it. When I looked for the thermister in the A/C plenum, I noticed that GD used 7 wire thermostat wire and didn't use 3 of the wires. I pulled the thermostat on the wall , found the extra wires, connected up the sensor to the wires, drilled a small hole above the thermostat and mounted the sensor and cover right above the stat.It works just fine now. Hopefully GD uses 7 wire stat wire in your unit.My is 2022 2600 RB also.
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If GD used 7 wire thermostat wire like they did in my unit, its an easy fix. Wiring is already there, just had to mount the sensor cover and sensor above the thermostat connected to the extra wires from the A/C unit. Worked like a champ and was easy to do.
    2022 2600 RB , Road Armor + wet bolt and heavy shackle kit
    2021 Ram 1500 Premier, 5.7 E Torque , 3.91 rear end, trailering kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast