User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ram Trailer-Surround View Cameras

It's a long and familiar story, but after upgrading from our 2600RB to a 2970RL I am also upgrading from a Ram 1500 to a Ram 2500. In this crazy market ... We got a great deal on the travel trailer, but had to pay over MSRP to get the truck I wanted. Neither have arrived yet, but I should have both within a week or two.

One of the factory options on the truck is the "Trailer-Surround View Camera". I found a good YouTube video about what comes with that option: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA0eYlYKqkw, and there is some more info here: https://tfltruck.com/2021/03/2022-ra...view-and-more/. It looks like I am going to get a box with 4 cameras and wiring harnesses.

It's an interesting option because you get 4 cameras that you can mount anywhere on your trailer, and they are all integrated into the 12" screen in the truck so no need for a separate suction-cupped screen. But ... the cameras are wired. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this specific system and also with pulling wire through the Imagine travel trailers. I'm the kind of guy that is not going to be happy with running wires up ladders or across the top of the roof. Not that it's wrong, but that it would drive me crazy.
    2022 Imagine 2970RL
    2500 RAM Cummins 6.7L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a '22 2970rl and a '22 Ram 2500 with digital mirror and trailer surround camera system. The Digital mirror is used durring towing and is a very nice rear view on a hi resolution monitor built in the rear view mirror. The trailer surround system is for parking and is only active in the 12" display at slow speeds. I'm starting the installation of both this week and have found the mount brackets for the front camera mount won't clear the curve on the front of the trailer and the side mounts are not clearing the awning brackets. For the rear cameras ( a different one for each system) I'm modifying the furion mount for the Surround and will mount the digital mirror camera above the rear window.
    I'm looking for security camera mount posts to extend the side surrounds out past the awning posts.i haven't yet figured out what I'll doing for the ft surround yet.

I'll post what I ended up with when finished.