Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know you are on top of it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed this 50amp Go Power ATS and power my whole rig with one 2000w inverter. I can even run an air conditioner on the inverter (one at a time). Here's the utube video that helped me plan and do the installation. 1.5 years and no problems...

https://youtu.be/zTjOECEhYDM

Good luck!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    I installed this 50amp Go Power ATS and power my whole rig with one 2000w inverter. I can even run an air conditioner on the inverter (one at a time). Here's the utube video that helped me plan and do the installation. 1.5 years and no problems...

https://youtu.be/zTjOECEhYDM

Good luck!
    Thanks @Boom 'r Bust, that's a good video. Do you have any pictures of your installation?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Thanks @Boom 'r Bust, that's a good video. Do you have any pictures of your installation?
    Here you go:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210102_203958565.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	40293

My ats is behind the garage wall. For me it was the perfect spot to cut the romex going from the 50amp exterior plug and distribution box. I then ran new more flexible 50amp cord from the ats to the exterior plug. That's the connection located top right.

Bottom right is the wiring from my inverter. You can see the jumper wire going from L1 to L3. Some may tell you not to do this. However, like you saw in the video, GoPower approves it. Plus it is exactly how adapter plugs are made. If you get a 30a to 50a adapter and open it up, you will see the same jumper config.

Not making any recommendations... Just passing along what I did and a fraction of the research that went into my decisions. Good luck!

Boomer

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    Here you go:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210102_203958565.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	40293

My ats is behind the garage wall. For me it was the perfect spot to cut the romex going from the 50amp exterior plug and distribution box. I then ran new more flexible 50amp cord from the ats to the exterior plug. That's the connection located top right.

Bottom right is the wiring from my inverter. You can see the jumper wire going from L1 to L3. Some may tell you not to do this. However, like you saw in the video, GoPower approves it. Plus it is exactly how adapter plugs are made. If you get a 30a to 50a adapter and open it up, you will see the same jumper config.

Not making any recommendations... Just passing along what I did and a fraction of the research that went into my decisions. Good luck!

Boomer
    Thanks again Boomer, looks like a great install. I'll probably do something like this in the future. The GD inverter prep on my model is less ambitious than feeding the entire system. For now, I'm going with their approach (I'm using a 15-amp ATS wired into their suggested connections), it will get me started and the DW will be able to use some of her kitchen appliances. But your set-up is more robust and will utilize the full 3,000-watt capacity of my inverter. So many projects, that one will have to wait.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12