User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westlakes / Lionshead Warranty

While un-winterizing and getting ready for our first trip of the season I noticed 2 of my 4 Westlake 225/75/15 tires are in very bad shape. They are both bulging in the side walls and are showing cracking and tread separation. My question is does anyone have experience with Lionshead and the warranty procedure. It looks to me like they will send you replacement tires but I'm not sure if I want to use Westlakes again? Our 5th wheel is a 2019 and we've only towed it 5282 miles. I have read the horror stories of blowouts and such and I am glad I noticed this before we set out on a 400 mile trip. I am looking to replace the tires probably with Goodyear or Maxxis but was curious as to the Lionshead warranty. Any info will help. Thanks...
    Chris & Leslie

2015 F-150 FX4 Max Tow
    2019 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDEW13 View Post
    While un-winterizing and getting ready for our first trip of the season I noticed 2 of my 4 Westlake 225/75/15 tires are in very bad shape. They are both bulging in the side walls and are showing cracking and tread separation. My question is does anyone have experience with Lionshead and the warranty procedure. It looks to me like they will send you replacement tires but I'm not sure if I want to use Westlakes again? Our 5th wheel is a 2019 and we've only towed it 5282 miles. I have read the horror stories of blowouts and such and I am glad I noticed this before we set out on a 400 mile trip. I am looking to replace the tires probably with Goodyear or Maxxis but was curious as to the Lionshead warranty. Any info will help. Thanks...
    We got rid of our Westlakes that came on our 2019 295RL with 8k on them. They were not showing any signs of wear, but we did keep our trailer stored in a 3 sided RV storage facility 90% of the time.

We ended up purchasing 4 Goodyear Endurance ST225 /75 R15 117N E1 BSW from Discount Tire for about $660 installed which came with the lifetime rotate and balance, which they don't mind doing on our trailer when we bring it to them. We also went with some metal sleeved valve stems from Orielly's when we replaced the tires. Since replacing the tires and stems, we have not had any loss of air. Always had some with the OEMs.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the sticker on the side of my 2022 trailer. I got all 4 of my tires replaced, but I had only towed 45 miles from the dealer to my home.

Beth Scott <[email protected]
    Send an e mail to Beth and she'll send a claim form to you.
    Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2422.jpg  
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had a tire replaced under warranty. No difficulty at all working with their office.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a tread separation at 50 mph on our 2019 230RL last year. The separated tread piece went through the floor on our passenger side into the pantry. $15,000.00 insurance repair later, Westlake reimbursed us $105.00 each for the 5 tires. Went to Les Schwab and purchased new tires.

I always inspected my tires and checked air pressure prior to each trip. Our new 280RS came with 4 Goodyear Endurance tires and a Westlake spare. Going to Discount Tires tomorrow to replace the Westlake spare with a Goodyear tire
    Dutch & Marlene
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali 6.0L gasser
    2022 Reflection 280RS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let them send you the replacements (they even sent me a $25 check for mounting each one). Go and buy Goodyears and sell the new Westlakes on craigslist. Someone with a utility trailer will be glad to have them.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Let them send you the replacements (they even sent me a $25 check for mounting each one). Go and buy Goodyears and sell the new Westlakes on craigslist. Someone with a utility trailer will be glad to have them.
    Contacted Lionshead for warranty. Beth Scott was very helpful, they are sending me $420.00 for tire replacement cost. I ordered Goodyear Endurance from Tire Rack and they are being installed this week. Cannot say enough about Lionshead and Beth, they took care of my issue with no problems. A thank you to both...

Chris
    Chris & Leslie

2015 F-150 FX4 Max Tow
    2019 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed a small bulge on the sidewall of one of our Westlake tires as well (probably less than 3,000 miles), so I swapped it with the spare. Since we are the second owners and not the original, I reached out to Beth at LionsHead via email to see if we qualified for the warranty. Beth replied very promptly with an affirmative and a link to the warranty claim form. I took the necessary photos and submitted them with the form the next morning. Within 24 hours, I had a reply from Beth indicating that our claim was approved and asking if we wanted her to ship a tire out or if we had already replaced it. Beth indicated that the tire would ship in 24-36 hours, and that they would be sending a check in about 4 weeks to cover the $30 mounting and balancing fee.

Not sure how I feel about Westlake brand tires, but I can say that LionsHead as a company stands by their products, and that speaks volumes. I just wish more companies stood behind their products they way LionsHead does.
    Steve & Laura
    2021 Transcend 240ML
    2013 F150 3.5L Ecoboost 4x4 SuperCrew SB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI to those that may encounter this in the future. We did a quick weekend trip from Corpus to Houston and noticed we needed to add a little air to the trailer tires. Noticed that on 2 of the tires we had cracking all along the sealing bead (see pic one on each side). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220910_142658.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	43037 I took this pic to get the tire size and called discount to have them replaced. I have never experienced a blow out and would like to do everything possible to prevent this from happening. Went ahead and replaced all 5 tires at their recommendation (spare included) It bugged me that these tires are only 2 years old and shouldn't have had cracking all along the side wall. I found this post, emailed Beth but haven't heard back. Upon further research I found the warranty claim form off the lionshead website and they require pictures of the DOT number, Brand name, Tire Size, and damage for each tire. Well guess what, those tires are located at discount tire in HOUSTON and are unattainable at this point. ( I called and they said the tires get disposed early monday morning) My hopes is that someone else will read this and get the required info before disposing the tires.
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH