User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you connect a MIFI to the WineGuard 360 antenna?

After looking at the monthly pricing, T-Mobile has an over 55 Magenta plan at $70/month for two lines and that includes taxes and new phones. Add 15$/month and I can get an LTE MIFI for free.

That said, has anyone connected a MIFI to the factory WineGuard 360+ antenna? The WineGuard prices seem a bit expensive - even for the individual carrier plans. Understand, I can put a T-Mobile SIM in the gateway router but the MIFI is free - the router isn't. I also hear it is not easy to replace the SIM in the Gateway 1000.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mifi and started searching the net to get an answer. I never did find one so I'm interested in what others have said. I haven't opened the inside piece yet to look. It seems that the antenna connections are there. 12vDC is there. Since our rig is home now, I'll go take a look.
    2022 337RLS & 2017 CTD Ram long bed
    720w of solar & Victron MPPT/battery monitors
    4x100AHr LiPo batteries & 2500w PSW
    Lots of other mods too....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see a fellow New Hampshirite on this forum. From what I've heard, T-Mobile coverage here isn't that great.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
    I have a mifi and started searching the net to get an answer. I never did find one so I'm interested in what others have said. I haven't opened the inside piece yet to look. It seems that the antenna connections are there. 12vDC is there. Since our rig is home now, I'll go take a look.
    Took my inside plate down. It is confirmed that there is 12vDC and the antenna connections there. I simply plugged my mifi into the antenna connection. I did not see any noticable difference in the MiFi wifi signal and certainly not the cellular signal. 3 bars before and after connecting. Bandwidth is the same.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1368.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	39392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1371.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	39393

I'm not sure if there's anything up top that needs to be turned on. BTW, the antenna amp is on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220313-161819.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	39394

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Good to see a fellow New Hampshirite on this forum. From what I've heard, T-Mobile coverage here isn't that great.
    Ditto. It's not great. Had legacy Sprint in 2001-3 while working in DC. Could not keep a call up in my house here or on Rte 66 in Arlington/Fairfax. Very frustrating. But, the merger with T-Mobile gives them pretty good coverage. Since we are planning multiple trips to the Dakotas this year, we'll keep our Verizon lines and add the over 55 T-Mobile package - should have coverage with one or the other. Verizon is just too expensive to add another line and like AT&T, only offers over 55 plans in Florida.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
    Took my inside plate down. It is confirmed that there is 12vDC and the antenna connections there. I simply plugged my mifi into the antenna connection. I did not see any noticable difference in the MiFi wifi signal and certainly not the cellular signal. 3 bars before and after connecting. Bandwidth is the same.
    If that's true, might just as well put it on the counter. Thanks for doing that - picking ours rv up in 3 weeks so haven't had a chance to look at a lot of things yet.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on Xfinity wireless, they use the Verizon network. Free unlimited calls and texts. Different plans for data, right now we're on the by-the-gig plan. We don't use much data most of the time so we have 1 GB of data per month for $12. If we were on the road and using it all the time we would up the monthly buy, 3 GB is $30, and they have an unlimited plan. But no MiFi, we use a phone as a mobile hotspot and run it through a travel router in the coach. Our TV has mobile wifi from AT&T (OnStar), $20 per month for unlimited, so that is an option when we're in the truck or if no Verizon signal.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What version wineguard do you have? There should be at least 2 cable for LTE antennas. Not a single connection.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    What version wineguard do you have? There should be at least 2 cable for LTE antennas. Not a single connection.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    It says 360+.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see now, I am missing 2 mini coax cables. I'm wondering if they somehow pulled out of the ty-rap that was holding the third cable. I'll look tomorrow sometime with my borescope. Once the snow melts, I'll check under the roof dome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast