Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 F450 compatible trailer camera and TPMS

Looking for recommendations on the camera and Tire Pressure Monitoring System to use which integrates into the Ford instrument panel. Want to avoid extra screens or devices. The truck has TPMS and Cameras but not sure which exact products to purchase so they can seamlessly integrate into the truck control screens. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel and Hobbles View Post
    Looking for recommendations on the camera and Tire Pressure Monitoring System to use which integrates into the Ford instrument panel. Want to avoid extra screens or devices. The truck has TPMS and Cameras but not sure which exact products to purchase so they can seamlessly integrate into the truck control screens. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    They're are no after market tpms or cameras that will work other than the Ford OEM equipment. Unfortunately, the 450 only has a trailer TPMS (nothing for truck) and a hardwired auxiliary camera. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F450

Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    They're are no after market tpms or cameras that will work other than the Ford OEM equipment. Unfortunately, the 450 only has a trailer TPMS (nothing for truck) and a hardwired auxiliary camera. Sorry.

Helpful thank you. Maybe it is new to the 2021 but the truck does have TPMS so perhaps if I install OEM tire sensors on the trailer it would work?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helpful thank you. Maybe it is new to the 2021 but the truck does have TPMS so perhaps if I install OEM tire sensors on the trailer it would work?
    Are you sure the TPMS you see in the dash is for the truck and not the trailer? If it is the truck wheels that would be great news!
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    Are you sure the TPMS you see in the dash is for the truck and not the trailer? If it is the truck wheels that would be great news!
    I have a March-built 2021 F450, fully optioned Lariat. No truck TPMS on mine. I installed Wheel Master stainless steel hose valve extenders and added a Tire Minder i10 with 10 cap sensors.

I also investigated cameras that would integrate with the aux function of the in-dash monitor. It was going to be a major PITA to connect whatever option I found, and would only work in reverse. I think I found the recommendation for a camera system that works with the Ford OEM screen on one of Big Truck, Big RV's videos.

In the end, went with a Vision Works system with rearview and sideview cameras and a cup holder-mounted 7" display monitor. Add in a Garmin 890, and the result is I've got screens all over the place.

Side note: I rarely use the sideview cameras. I bought them thinking my wife would find them helpful as a newbie tow vehicle driver.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has TPMS BUT it's an external module for trailers (I have a 2021). The internal sensors will NOT work for the commercial tires of the 450, which I assume is the reason it's not included on the 450.

I HAVE the module and the tire sensors (ordered OEM from factory for the truck) that are sitting in storage and I'd sell if anyone's interested. It's an external module that connects the the 12-pin connector (the same 12-pin that is also utilized for the oem aux camera and the 5th wheel trailer reverse guidance). It came with 4 internal tire sensors. I have a triple axle so when I considered the additional cost of purchasing 2 additional sensors, and having to have them installed in 6 tires, I went a different route (TireLinc).

By the way that reverse guidance is no joke. Works very well and can be a godsend if you are new to 5th wheel backing up. Even for a veteran like me. I have only used it 3 or 4 times in 12,000 miles, but to be able to set the direction of the trailer in reverse and forget it to pay attention to other obstacles (say tree limbs or a power pedestal) is absolutely priceless.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insight team. I am going to look closely at what I have and think I have and then get back with you. Safe travels

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2021 F450 does have TPMS (Page 422-423 of the manual) but the data provided is
    underwhelming when it comes to trailer TPMS integration. It appears trailer TPMS kit Part No: LC3Z1A189B
    allows it to integrate into the truck but like the OEM trailer camera (Part No: LC3Z1A189A) also
    uses the 12 pin connector. I have not installed the backup assist but
    intend to. With the OEM camera, OEM trailer TPMS, and trailer assist all using
    the 12 pin connector it seems I will only be able to use certain OEM
    functions. Am I missing something?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2021 F450 does have TPMS (Page 422-423 of the manual) but the data provided is
    underwhelming when it comes to trailer TPMS integration. It appears trailer TPMS kit Part No: LC3Z1A189B
    allows it to integrate into the truck but like the OEM trailer camera (Part No: LC3Z1A189A) also
    uses the 12 pin connector. I have not installed the backup assist but
    intend to. With the OEM camera, OEM trailer TPMS, and trailer assist all using
    the 12 pin connector it seems I will only be able to use certain OEM
    functions. Am I missing something?
    The 2021 F450 has Trailer TPMS through the 12pin only. It does NOT have integrated TPMS for the truck tires like the other Super Duty F-Series. This is due to the commercial tires on the F450 as the sensors will not work with them. The OEM Trailer TPMS comes with 4 wheel mounted sensors for the trailer and a relay module that is designed to mount on the trailer and plug into the 12pin.

For the OEM wired trailer camera and the Trauler back up assist for 5th wheels (as bumper pulls use tailgate camera), they also use the 12pin connecter.

You can daisy chain at least two of the 12pin connectors. I have the OEM trailer tpms and the Backup Asssist and cables allow daisy channing those two (ordered with truck from factory). I do not use the OEM Trailer TPMS, currently, as I went a different route. I may some day get more sensors and get the toy hauler (need 2 more sensores).

Whether or not you can daisy chain a third OEM 12pin connector I cannot tell you. The OEM wired trailer camera won't work for my 5th wheel (too long) so I did not research further.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. Tracking no PSI listing on the truck tires, just tire deflation warning. Do you know if the OEM TPMS will show PSI in the truck or only deflation warning? Good to know you can daisy chain two together.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast