User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will call and get mine delivered. I will NOT have anyone work in my trailer on minor jobs. I am far more competent than most of these techs.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought they were sharp. My wife has cut herself. I haven't but I'm always careful with them as I recognized from the beginning the potential to get cut. You would think they could have found replacements where the holes lined up. I'll either do it myself or have it done by my local RV service guy. GD has been good about working with him in the past so hopefully they will let him do the handle switch.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've cut myself on them, usually just brushing past it. I had filed a few edges slightly. Guess I will get them and see what we want to do.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana H View Post
    From what I can tell this is what the new handles look like.
    I will request a set for our 2450RL
    FYI 41 handles pulls!

Attachment 39486
    I contacted GD about the handle recall on Tuesday. I was told that a service ticket was placed and handles would be sent. I received them yesterday (Friday). Pretty impressive customer service.
    GD is also paying for a significant portion of the mobile rv service call to replace the lp regulator and perform the "drop test". I installed it, the service tech tested it. I'm compliant with the saftey recall with minimal out of pocket expense and practically no time investment. I'm cool with that.
    2020 Grand Design 2670MK
    2020 Ford f250 6.2, 4x4.
    ProPride hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    I contacted GD about the handle recall on Tuesday. I was told that a service ticket was placed and handles would be sent. I received them yesterday (Friday). Pretty impressive customer service.
    GD is also paying for a significant portion of the mobile rv service call to replace the lp regulator and perform the "drop test". I installed it, the service tech tested it. I'm compliant with the saftey recall with minimal out of pocket expense and practically no time investment. I'm cool with that.
    I sent an email to GD for these 2 recalls yesterday. Hopefully they'll do the same for us.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case this is helpful to someone: I received my replacement handles Friday. Went to install them this weekend and discovered they are too small for the design, a different finish and frankly, just ugly. I won't ruin my trailer by installing these! I just got off the phone with GD CS and they informed me that these were the best they could do under the current demand, however they will reimburse up to $150 for our cost to replace with different handles. Amazon, here I come!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got ours today. Holes don't line up but we do like the design. Will replace when a decent day rolls around. Oh and, that six pack and Pandora in the speakers still a go.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL born 7/2019 Anderson hitch
    2007 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and RAS
    Both retired - still have our S&B
    US Army vet (Air Cav baby!) Gulf war combat veteran

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dskinchen View Post
    In case this is helpful to someone: I received my replacement handles Friday. Went to install them this weekend and discovered they are too small for the design, a different finish and frankly, just ugly. I won't ruin my trailer by installing these! I just got off the phone with GD CS and they informed me that these were the best they could do under the current demand, however they will reimburse up to $150 for our cost to replace with different handles. Amazon, here I come!
    Agreed
    Just got mine today. I never had an issue with the originals so I will just toss them

They are smaller and require new holes. Not interested in that when the original ones are perfect and these are not good looking to me

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found these on Amazon. goldenwarm Cabinet Finger Pulls Finger Pull Handle Edge Pull Door Finger Pull... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0882Z9LB5...DXDDMQJYE6PYKP

They look good, are in the price range GD will cover, and are the same size. Holes are different but I use the furniture scratch repair pencils to fill and blend.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We received ours two weeks ago but like some other members, they're sitting in the garage for now. Not overwhelmed with the "look" either.
    Onward thru the fog.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast